Ping Assist v2 on XR500

15 minutes ago, alex.devine said:

Hi,

I am a user of the XR500, when you release the ping assist will we have to wait a year to get it like the other updates from Netgear?

OR

Will it be released when you guys (NetDuma) release it?

Thank you.

Updates for the XR500/XR700 are down to NETGEAR. Netduma have no control over when they are released I’m afraid.

• Netduma Staff
19 minutes ago, alex.devine said:

Thank you for your prompt reply :)

I think I am going to return this router, Netgear takes way to long to release updates and pick up an R1.

You guys should have selected ASUS as your provider, much better company.

Thank you once again.

Pollutionblues is correct - Netgear set the timeline for when updates are released on their hardware. I'd recommend holding on to your Nighthawk though - it's the best rated gaming router on the market, and when upgrades begin to make it onto the XR500 I think you'll start to enjoy it.

16 minutes ago, Netduma Jack said:

Pollutionblues is correct - Netgear set the timeline for when updates are released on their hardware. I'd recommend holding on to your Nighthawk though - it's the best rated gaming router on the market, and when upgrades begin to make it onto the XR500 I think you'll start to enjoy it.

Indeed but looking over on the NG forums they have taken over a year to release the VPN system allowing users to select their own VPN. Does that mean the same for ping assist!. That worries me, this is a game changer and I really don't fancy waiting a year while they stock up on the $$$ from their XR700.

One can hope, I am sorry to be negative but I should not have to wait a long time on a £250 router to get the latest cool features from the DumaOS.

• Netduma Staff
4 hours ago, alex.devine said:

Indeed but looking over on the NG forums they have taken over a year to release the VPN system allowing users to select their own VPN. Does that mean the same for ping assist!. That worries me, this is a game changer and I really don't fancy waiting a year while they stock up on the $$$ from their XR700.

One can hope, I am sorry to be negative but I should not have to wait a long time on a £250 router to get the latest cool features from the DumaOS.

I'm honestly not sure how long it will take. There are lots of things happening behind the scenes which lead us to believe Ping Assist shouldn't take anywhere near as long as Hybrid VPN. The new VPN is a far more comprehensive feature to try and get out.

There's nothing malicious going on - no features are ever intentionally delayed. This would be seriously bad practice. Every company has its own testing methodology, so we must adhere to how Netgear work. It shouldn't be too long!