Getting a better server everytime

David824

I have read on here a lot that if you want a certain server in your area that's the best is to move your home close to it and make it where that's the closes server. I'm in NC and the best/closest one near me is in Georgia. I have put that in the circle so it will make it the only server each time I log on like everyone says but it never works out like that. What it does is looks and looks for a server and Ga doesn't ever pop up...it tries to find other servers and since its not in my geo circle it kicks me back to the main menu. Is there something I should enable or maybe disable? I don't have auto ping on but I do have strict mode clicked.

• Netduma Staff
10 hours ago, David824 said:

sorry!... im on blops4

Hi David - we're investigating issues with Black Ops 4 as we speak. There's a cloud update and a few new features on the way to combat issues people are facing with it!

As a rule of thumb, if you can't find servers within the parameters you've set, you should 'loosen' your parameters. Increase your radius and disable strict mode to do this. Soon there will be Ping Assist - a way to filter using ping rather than distance - which should also help :)

If you see servers elsewhere in America, try to connect to some of them. Most game servers are located on the coasts.

38 minutes ago, Netduma Jack said:

Hi David - we're investigating issues with Black Ops 4 as we speak. There's a cloud update and a few new features on the way to combat issues people are facing with it!

As a rule of thumb, if you can't find servers within the parameters you've set, you should 'loosen' your parameters. Increase your radius and disable strict mode to do this. Soon there will be Ping Assist - a way to filter using ping rather than distance - which should also help :)

If you see servers elsewhere in America, try to connect to some of them. Most game servers are located on the coasts.

Im not even using the R1 with the DumaOS right now. I tried everything I read here but its just kicking me out and cant join a lobby. Even though I untick stricked mode and increase the radius cant findt lobbies or servers. Servers are not even showned on the world map. I flushed the cloud, restarted router, restarted the ps4 nothing. Im plaing now on my Fritzbox until the Ping Assist comes out. So far the DumaOS is uselesse when it comes to playing Blops4. 

16 minutes ago, JOE1305 said:

Im not even using the R1 with the DumaOS right now. I tried everything I read here but its just kicking me out and cant join a lobby. Even though I untick stricked mode and increase the radius cant findt lobbies or servers. Servers are not even showned on the world map. I flushed the cloud, restarted router, restarted the ps4 nothing. Im plaing now on my Fritzbox until the Ping Assist comes out. So far the DumaOS is uselesse when it comes to playing Blops4. 

Joe- not sure why you are having that much of a problem..if I enable my geo filter and take of strict mode and not turn off my ps4 but just close the app on blops4 and open it back it it will find me a game on a server....might not be the best server but I did do what Jack said and taking off strict mode did help. Have you tried deleting you console at the top of the screen then flush the cloud and then add the console back? That seemed to help me also.

1 hour ago, Netduma Jack said:

Thanks a lot Jack, I didn't notice for now that strict mode tends to be the reason for not finding just about any server. I have had to broaden my geo filter circle big enough to grab the Miami server (which is garbage haha) and also to grab NJ server which is touch and go with that one....the GA server so far is the best but that one never wants to come out and let us play on it. Like you said hopefully the ping asst will help, which btw I like that the XR isn't getting it yet...gives me reason to give my buddy a hard time about not getting it .....yet. 

18 minutes ago, David824 said:

Joe- not sure why you are having that much of a problem..if I enable my geo filter and take of strict mode and not turn off my ps4 but just close the app on blops4 and open it back it it will find me a game on a server....might not be the best server but I did do what Jack said and taking off strict mode did help. Have you tried deleting you console at the top of the screen then flush the cloud and then add the console back? That seemed to help me also.

Yeah i already tried that too with deleting and adding the console again. Doesnt help at all. Even with strict mode off. If im lucky to find a lobby i have to stick to it. As soon as i leave i cant find further lobbies and its kicking me back to the main menu

• Netduma Staff
2 hours ago, JOE1305 said:

Yeah i already tried that too with deleting and adding the console again. Doesnt help at all. Even with strict mode off. If im lucky to find a lobby i have to stick to it. As soon as i leave i cant find further lobbies and its kicking me back to the main menu

This seems like a really extreme case... Lots of folks are having trouble with Black Ops 4 at this time, but not so much that they can't connect to the game. Where abouts are you located Joe? Maybe that's got something to do with it.

Ultimately if you're really struggling here I'd recommend either downgrading to the old software or just disabling the Geo-Filter for now. I'm sure you've seen us say it elsewhere, but we're working overtime on these issues to figure out what we can do on our end. Hopefully the situation will be resolved soon!

2 hours ago, David824 said:

Thanks a lot Jack, I didn't notice for now that strict mode tends to be the reason for not finding just about any server. I have had to broaden my geo filter circle big enough to grab the Miami server (which is garbage haha) and also to grab NJ server which is touch and go with that one....the GA server so far is the best but that one never wants to come out and let us play on it. Like you said hopefully the ping asst will help, which btw I like that the XR isn't getting it yet...gives me reason to give my buddy a hard time about not getting it .....yet. 

Aye Strict Mode could be causing more issues than it's solving at the minute due to how Black Ops 4 is acting. Might be worth leaving it off for now but I can't imagine it'll be for long.

As for Ping Assist, we'd love for every DumaOS powered router to one day get upgrades at the same time. That day is... Not today. :L

Im living in austria. The nearest server is in germany. My radius is even covering several countries but nothing. How can i downgrade? Im kinda not shure if i should. I thinking about to wait for the updates for duma os

• Administrators

Hold on for the upgrade. The new Ping Assist will make a big difference and we should have it out pretty soon (going through final stages of closed beta testing right now)