Any reason IP's are showing for P2P and Dedi's?

sabarblade

• Administrators

We did replace IPs with ID's but then realised that this would show in domain name anyway. I think it's too much of a hassle to obscure the IP part of the domain and just leave .vultr for example so I think we'll likely just keep it how it is for now

yes the domain name, but ip's aren't just showing up for dedicated servers, they show P2P as well or am I missing something?

edit: if you ping other players in your lobby, their IP'S show up in the domain name, i checked this with a friend and confirmed it is giving out IP's

• Netduma Staff
1 hour ago, sabarblade said:

yes the domain name, but ip's aren't just showing up for dedicated servers, they show P2P as well or am I missing something?

edit: if you ping other players in your lobby, their IP'S show up in the domain name, i checked this with a friend and confirmed it is giving out IP's

Thanks for confirming. Players are still anonymous (i.e there's no way to tell which player is which on the map). As for dedicated servers showing as peers, we're looking into solving some of those cases in our next cloud update :)