1 secondi behind effect

Nunzio

Hello to everyone the duma os works great in terms of hit detection the only problem is when i get killed its like im a second behind and dont have a chance is there a way to counter this i play on ps4 pro on destiny 2 and cod modern warfare

• Netduma Staff
1 hour ago, Nunzio said:

Hello to everyone the duma os works great in terms of hit detection the only problem is when i get killed its like im a second behind and dont have a chance is there a way to counter this i play on ps4 pro on destiny 2 and cod modern warfare

The way to counter this is by reducing your ping. What is your ping to the game? What is your line quality / stability? (You can test for this using Pingplotter on a wired PC. Select Twitter.com as your Target URL and run a test)

Are you able to get servers close to your location?

I believe this is a current ongoing issue in all online games at the moment if im honest. I get 30ms or lower to all lobbies but constantly get stomped by Russian/Italian/Spanish/Arab players as Duma cannot control who joins a match only the host.

• Netduma Staff
28 minutes ago, Evangelisuk said:

I believe this is a current ongoing issue in all online games at the moment if im honest. I get 30ms or lower to all lobbies but constantly get stomped by Russian/Italian/Spanish/Arab players as Duma cannot control who joins a match only the host.

You're not wrong - no router will ever be able to prevent other players from joining a game, since that would be cheating and massively unfair to the other player. Other players with high pings can affect the game though, but if your ping to the server is low and stable you can mitigate many of the issues that would affect you :)

• Netduma Staff
22 hours ago, Nunzio said:

And my Line is good on the previos firmware when i test the Ping i have good for Ping and exceptional for the rest

That's good! I'd still recommend running a Pingplotter test if you get the chance as your line could have changed over time. What is your ping to the game and where are your closest servers? Are you able to secure nearby servers using the Geo-Filter?

• Netduma Staff
1 hour ago, Nunzio said:

I runned pingplotter it seems i have a bit  spikes on 192.169.100.1 and destiny 2 uses peer to peer 

What target URL did you use? If you pinged a server or something you will likely have inaccurate results. I'd recommend pinging something like Twitter.com for an accurate reading :D

If you'd like some help interpreting the results I'd also recommend posting a screenshot of them here so we can take a look!

7 minutes ago, Nunzio said:

Is there anything wrong nere?

You need to be running PingPlotter on a wired PC to get an accurate reflection of what is going on with your line. Testing from a mobile device on WiFi isn’t giving you accurate results. Also, run the test for at least 10 minutes.

19 minutes ago, pollutionblues said:

You need to be running PingPlotter on a wired PC to get an accurate reflection of what is going on with your line. Testing from a mobile device on WiFi isn’t giving you accurate results. Also, run the test for at least 10 minutes.

Ok but now its not possibile that i can do it on pc but if those results are the same when i rum it on pc what does it mean are then good results?

28 minutes ago, Nunzio said:

Ok but now its not possibile that i can do it on pc but if those results are the same when i rum it on pc what does it mean are then good results?

A 71ms ping isn’t good at all but that could just be down to you testing from a mobile device on wifi. I would advise testing from a wired PC as soon as you can to make sure.

14 hours ago, pollutionblues said:

A 71ms ping isn’t good at all but that could just be down to you testing from a mobile device on wifi. I would advise testing from a wired PC as soon as you can to make sure.

Ok ive done it on wireless and at the end its almost same result 68 Ping is there something i can do about it?

• Netduma Staff
2 hours ago, Nunzio said:

Ok ive done it on wireless and at the end its almost same result 68 Ping is there something i can do about it?

I have a feeling that if you changed your target URL you'd get a more accurate base ping reading. You're in Spain correct? Try using a local news site as your target URL instead. I find it hard to believe that your base ping is 71ms.

17 minutes ago, Netduma Jack said:

I have a feeling that if you changed your target URL you'd get a more accurate base ping reading. You're in Spain correct? Try using a local news site as your target URL instead. I find it hard to believe that your base ping is 71ms.

No i live in italy

• Netduma Staff
2 hours ago, Nunzio said:

If so which i should target on?

Any major news site in Italy should do - whichever news source you can think of. For example in Britain we'd use BBC.com.

• Administrators

What IP address have you used there? It's kind of a meaningless result as it may be the server you are targeting that is causing packet loss.Try setting the target to 8.8.8.8 and take another image. Thanks.