ISP Talk

Dialatech

Good Afternoon Netduma Fam

So ive been with Virgin Media for around 9 Years now, I'm currently getting 350MBPS down and 20mbps Upload also my average ping when i game can be anywhere from 35ms to 50ms,This is based off connection to a UK server via pinging a server via my XR500 router.

Im happy with the speed i get and im overall happy with virgin but the ping is all over the place when im gaming and there is quite a lot of jitter on my line. Also im currently paying 75 pound for this connection+phone and Basic TV package. 

ive looked at other ISP and the best speed there can offer me is 80Mbps.  Little about me and how i use my internet connection. So i work has a Cisco Engineer for a small set of schools around the country.Most of the time i work from home so i need a good connection for remote work. I love to play games like Battlefield,COD,Fifa. i also download quite a lot for work and personal stuff as well. Some files i download for work can be upto 30GB in size.

Question time! Ha Ha

Going from 350Mbps to 80mbps.

Do you really feel the difference in the speed?

Has anyone moved from Virgin to other ISP and found the performance was better with that ISP?

I would like much advice as possible before i make my decision.

Thanks 

i was with virgin for 18 years (formally telewest here up north). They were fantastic but when virgin took over it gradually got worse and worse. I gave up 152/12 to go down to 80/20 and it was the best decision i ever made. I have a constant 10-12ms ping and my connection has never ever gone down since I left them 3 years ago. Talktalk is the best for gaming btw!

2 hours ago, BIG__DOG said:

i was with virgin for 18 years (formally telewest here up north). They were fantastic but when virgin took over it gradually got worse and worse. I gave up 152/12 to go down to 80/20 and it was the best decision i ever made. I have a constant 10-12ms ping and my connection has never ever gone down since I left them 3 years ago. Talktalk is the best for gaming btw!

Thanks for the advice. Why do you say that talktalk is the best for gaming?

Just now, Dialatech said:

Thanks for the advice. Why do you say that talktalk is the best for gaming?

I found I had very low blatancy and great games with them. There are quite a few gamers from the UK on this forum that use talktalk. 

18 minutes ago, BIG__DOG said:

I found I had very low blatancy and great games with them. There are quite a few gamers from the UK on this forum that use talktalk. 

Great!

Do you know if Talktalk cap speed at peak time ?

Also do you know if there have a cap on downloads?

15 minutes ago, Vader said:

AAISP hands down with their business grade internet using the new Talktalk broadband backhaul with service and packet priority over everyone else

What i have seen of these, There have a bandwidth limit each month so i will have to rule them out but thanks for the recommendation 

I'm on TT no speed cap on the right package 75d 17u, been gaming for years using different isp's when my TT contract is up i will be renewing and that's not often.

6 minutes ago, sncjez said:

I'm on TT no speed cap on the right package 75d 17u, been gaming for years using different isp's when my TT contract is up i will be renewing and that's not often.

Great! I've just been talking to talktalk and there can offer me 80d / 20u and Guaranteed speed of 66mbps with phone for 30 pound per month.

Only thing stopping me is the drop from 350mbps to 66mbps 😵 

1 hour ago, Dialatech said:

Great! I've just been talking to talktalk and there can offer me 80d / 20u and Guaranteed speed of 66mbps with phone for 30 pound per month.

Only thing stopping me is the drop from 350mbps to 66mbps 😵 

Great to hear, talktalk are a good ISP...........AAISP are brilliant, but they are high end and are expensive for what they offer.......a 200gb download limit can soon be eaten up and it is roughly £60pm