Jump to content
Chaiyoabc

What should be the setting for bandwidth allocation? (Flower graph)

Recommended Posts

1 hour ago, BIG__DOG said:

it all depends on your bandwisth and what you are doing. The best bet is to leave share excess ticked and let the router do the work. just reduce the sliders in anti bufferbloat to get the optimal bufferbloat setting when gaming.

Yea, what is share excess and what is difference between ticked and unticked.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
48 minutes ago, Chaiyoabc said:

Yea, what is share excess and what is difference between ticked and unticked.

If you untick share excess then each device will only get the bandwidth that has been allocated to it.

With share excess ticked then bandwidth is available to all devices. For instance: if you allocate your console 20% but it only actually needs to use 10% then the spare 10% will be available for any of your other devices if they need it.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
6 hours ago, pollutionblues said:

If you untick share excess then each device will only get the bandwidth that has been allocated to it.

With share excess ticked then bandwidth is available to all devices. For instance: if you allocate your console 20% but it only actually needs to use 10% then the spare 10% will be available for any of your other devices if they need it.

Thanks for clear explaination

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

For some reason, When I play BO4. It is better when I set 60% toward PC, and only 20% toward PS4 

I'm not sure if it is placebo, but it makes lag compensation much better than going toward PS4 all the way. 

Can anyone explain if this was placebo or what ? 

Thanks

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
4 hours ago, Chaiyoabc said:

For some reason, When I play BO4. It is better when I set 60% toward PC, and only 20% toward PS4 

I'm not sure if it is placebo, but it makes lag compensation much better than going toward PS4 all the way. 

Can anyone explain if this was placebo or what ? 

Thanks

As games only use a tiny amount of bandwidth, typically <0.5Mbps then it’s more than likely a placebo but if it’s working for you then that’s what matters. That is what the Netduma is all about, finding the settings that works for you.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
8 hours ago, Chaiyoabc said:

For some reason, When I play BO4. It is better when I set 60% toward PC, and only 20% toward PS4 

I'm not sure if it is placebo, but it makes lag compensation much better than going toward PS4 all the way. 

Can anyone explain if this was placebo or what ? 

Thanks

It could be placebo, so the best thing to do is use the Ping Graph to check out what's going on. Ping is the most accurate reading of how your gameplay will feel, so it's vital that you use that stat to judge how well your settings are working.

As PollutionBlues said above though, it's all about the learning! Over time you'll find out what works best for the game you're playing. Let us know if you need a hand!

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Create an account or sign in to comment

You need to be a member in order to leave a comment

Create an account

Sign up for a new account in our community. It's easy!

Register a new account

Sign in

Already have an account? Sign in here.

Sign In Now

×