Peer denial not working Destiny 2

Just upgraded to the XR500 from my old R1, never really had to deny peer hosts before, but tonight had the need to. Unfortunately it didn't work, not once but 4 times. I'd been running strikes no worries then got put with a pair of 2 degenerates just dancing and emoting in the spawn. So I figured Duma OS has the ability to deny peers may as well use it one these 2 to avoid landing back in the same strike.

They were the only 2 on the geo filter map(no dedi), denied both and went to orbit. Launched in and got the same 2 people. Backed out, again same 2. This time restarted Destiny 2, to my surprise got the same 2 people. This time rebooted the router and restarted Destiny 2, yep you guessed it, the same 2 people.

Does this feature actually work how it sounds, run into douchebags or laggy hosts in PvP, deny and avoid them, or not? Is there a setting I need to enable for this to actually do anything? If it doesn't actually prevent matching certain players what purpose does it serve?

Cheers.

This is one of the reasons I updated to the XR500 also. I wanted to use the Geofilter to 'target' people to connect too, have I misunderstood and thats not actually a thing?

For example, I'm in the UK and a friend is South Germany; I've been trying to match him out in the world on Destiny 2 by setting the Geofilter to an 150 mile radius around his town in Germany. I haven't had success yet.

• Administrators

Permanently blocking a dedicated server or player should absolutely be a thing - we just had to fix it in the firmware version. Hopefully you'll have it soon.

Thanks, good to hear. Just as an aside I was testing adding friends who live oustide my set geo filter to my allow list, I found I could only name 5 listings. Further unique ID's could be added but even if named they would show up as a blank name. Deleting the "named" listings to 4 would then enable a 5th entry to retain its name in the persistent list.

Seems like something that may need looking at.