Getting disconnected from Black ops 4 servers (xbox) often

Moofda

Hello, not sure what's going on but I'm getting disconnected from games really often while playing and keep getting"  dpiclass-daemon: Kill flow due to timeout" when I get booted in the log file over and over. Not sure what's going on, but I haven't had this problem before, if there is more info needed I can provide it. Thanks.

• Administrators

Hi Moffat - you can ignore that log. It’s a regular comment just for developers and unrelated to your actual problem. 

Could you take a screenshot of your geo-filter page? And could you also explain exactly what happens - are you getting booted from the actual game or is it just that you can’t find a game?

Fair enough, I thought the log was relevant and might be related as it appears to be full of errors. I have the geo-filter disabled, well I mean I haven't added any devices to it.  I get kicked out mid game pretty often and gives me a disconnected to server/host error but the internet is still on. I tried checking my xbox detailed network diagnostics when it was happening,  and it either turns out okay or says there was a change in the network settings while the test was going on so it couldn't complete.. It seems to disconnect me for about a second or two from XBL as sometimes it will boot me out all the way to the xbox home screen and I'll get a message saying I was disconnected from XBL, but connects me back right away.  Rebooting seems to solve the problem, but I have to reboot pretty often to not get kicked out. Basically something is causing a micro hitch in my connection that disconnects me from being online on the xbox only.  I didn't have this problem before, so I'm not sure what is going on meow.

• Administrators

If you're being booted out of games and you don't have the Geo-Filter enabled, then the cause must be somewhere else. Your entire connection could be briefly dropping out for example.

I recommend you do a quick line test to see how stable it is: http://forum.netduma.com/topic/23881-ping-plotter-quick-guide/

Also are you wired or wireless? And do you have an Open NAT?

Thanks, I'll have to do some more investigating. I've had the duma running fine for two years and only recently started having these problems. I'll try messing around with things, before I revert back to old firmware to test to see if the problem still persists. It's either that or something is going wrong with the xbox I guess. My computer and xbox are wired, nat open. Ping plotter results were fair, some occasional spikes of 7ms or so, but for the most part stable and no packet loss.

Just as a suggestion, try changing the network cable between your Xbox and the Netduma.  Sometimes connection drops are the result of a cable that's gone faulty over time.

Good luck!

2 hours ago, kssxs said:

Just as a suggestion, try changing the network cable between your Xbox and the Netduma.  Sometimes connection drops are the result of a cable that's gone faulty over time.

Good luck!

Thanks man, I went through and checked everything and noticed UPNP wasn't turned on, which I had on before I updated and that seems to have resolved the issue. I haven't had time to test much, but I didn't have any disconnects for a couple of hours or so last night, so that is promising.

• Netduma Staff
7 hours ago, Moofda said:

Thanks man, I went through and checked everything and noticed UPNP wasn't turned on, which I had on before I updated and that seems to have resolved the issue. I haven't had time to test much, but I didn't have any disconnects for a couple of hours or so last night, so that is promising.

That sounds really promising - maybe this was a NAT issue all along. As Wils said above though, there's plenty of bugs etc with Black Ops 4 so it could equally be the game itself. Let us know if the issue happens again and we'll explore other possibilities :)