Local domain name?

DarkCentauri777

I have a pi-hole ad blocker installed on my network.  I want to enable a feature called conditional forwarding which basically gives pi-hole the ability to see which devices on my lan are using it without the need of having it as my dhcp server.  According to the documentation, the ip of the router and it's local domain name must be specified.  It says that the local domain name is typically found in the dhcp settings of said router, but I'm not finding anything.  I tried local (i.e. just entering local and nothing else), and it didn't seem to do anything...

Annotation.png

• Administrators

Not sure about this. Do pi-hole have a clearer guide? I’ll move this to TechnoBabble subforum as someone there might have a good idea. 

I didn't investigate very deep into this.  It sounds like a basic function though.  I'd just like to see what on my network is utilizing pi-hole the most.  Currently it is handling DNS but it only sees the router and nothing behind it.  The only 2 ways I know of for it to see everything is either let it handle dhcp, or this conditional forwarding...