DM200 + XR500 + PlusNet - Connection Issues

Hey guys,

I read good things about the DM200 & XR500, so decided to take the plunge.

I've spent the last 8 hours trying to get it connected to my PlusNet connection without success. 

I set the DM200 to modem only and connected it to the XR500. I've entered the PPPoE login details from PlusNet but haven't been able to connect with it. I'm totally out of ideas and on the verge of just sending it back. I've hooked up my old PlusNet HubOne to search for answers and decided to start here.

Can anyone help or able to link me any support / guides / documents to get through this? 

• Administrators

I think your issue lies with the modem. The XR500 can plug into either modem (so long as it has an internet connection). 

Where did you enter the PPPoE details into? The XR500 or the DM200? I recommend you do it into the modem. 

If you can’t get the modem to work, then keep the Plusnet modem and then connect the XR500 to it. It should then automatically get a connection from the modem. 

See these guides once you have it all setup:

http://support.netduma.com/support/solutions/folders/16000090646

Thanks for the response.

I've tried entering the PPPoE login details in to both the DM200 and the XR500. I've tried the DM200 as both as Modem only and Modem & Router. 

I do feel it is the modem that I cannot get working; I will try with the PlusNet HubOne later. I assume I can set that to Modem only somehow?

• Administrators

Great. Thanks for letting us know. Be sure to follow those guides I linked above for your initial setup! Or just mess around yourself, whichever you prefer 😄