trying to filter blackout lobbies

mike10522

I've noticed I've been placed in blackout lobbies with over 100 ping.  After turning on my Geofilter I cannot find a lobby.   My geo filter is set over the entire Northeast coast, I've restarted the router, xbox, and game.      Anyone else running into these same issues?   Will the geofilter not work with blackout?

• Administrators

Where are the locations of the servers when you boot up the game? With filtering on, you should see a lot of servers outside of your range appear as blocked triangles. How many are inside your range (shown as rectangles). If you could take a screenshot the next time you boot up the game that'd be great.

8 minutes ago, Netduma Admin said:

Where are the locations of the servers when you boot up the game? With filtering on, you should see a lot of servers outside of your range appear as blocked triangles. How many are inside your range (shown as rectangles). If you could take a screenshot the next time you boot up the game that'd be great.

this is odd, there are none inside my circle https://imgur.com/a/zI3sqp2   That guy in texas is a friend who I have whitelisted, we're in a party chat

• Administrators

Ah that’s your cause. But that is odd - should definitely be some east coast servers, unless Treyarch are doing something weird. Ty rebooting the game a few times and see if it’s always like this. 

If it is, for now increase your radius to cover the nearest area. 

The new Ping Assist will help you once it’s out (should be very soon)

It's not missing server.  It's somehow the netduma. when I removed the netduma from my loop I go back to getting low latency servers.  I believe it has something to do with the cloud not being updated confusing the geofilter. Since there are servers within the range he is choosing that are east coast, Chicago, and Dallas because of the lack of updates as well as the new IP ranges they are using in US for Bo4 launch.  A ton of them are coming back to domains for xxx.wellness.com So they are not updated so I think that is confusing the geofilter.  Even with the geo filter active it will still connect to servers outside of the range that is not on any approved list.  At first I switched back to old firmware thinking it was something to do with that but it was the same case with old firmware.  To sum it up, once you lay your filter over an area where you know there are dedicated servers for some reason you will not see those servers available again. I am back to using the edge router and my blackout pings are back to normal.  Once the new IP ranges for servers are updated with all registries and the cloud is updated it should work as designed. Also using PA on the old firmware did not help.  Just FYI.  I would set it at 22 since thats what my best servers ping at not counting game engine lag. And even then I would connect only after a very long time and the servers were still high ping.  Removing the netduma from the line would immediately change this. PC has in game ping.  

• Administrators

Ok - thank you for the feedback. We will be looking to do a very thorough Cloud update soon so we will look into whether mislocated servers are causing things like this.