Switching From Broadband To Fibre

TakingTheMicky

I am thinking of upgrading my internet package I currently have 20 down 1 up provided by sky broadband I know that better internet doesnt mean better connections it's your line quality and ping stability and to be fair my line is stable when playing COD I have the odd laggy game but who doesn't, I don't have much complaints, I was thinking if I upgrade to fibre will my line be a bit more consistent as I think fibre is more reliable and stable wire these days but I know sky to FTTC so I know there will still be copper in there somewhere and another thing is when these big updates and patches roll out it takes an eternity to download the files so that would be a benefit as well. Just wanted some info on it. 

Thanks.

I was worried when I moved from TT ADSL to TT Fibre and it was my first question on this forum, would my connection be the same with more bandwidth.

And for me it turned out to be a great move my ping is the same I have more width to download movies and games etc.

I do not use the TT router though as they suck I am sure there are thousands with fibre issues because of the router, with sky it is possible to use another router if you are a tech person that does not mind reading up and learning techniques.

So the answer is yeah fibre is great but router's can be flaky.

3 hours ago, Zennon said:

I was worried when I moved from TT ADSL to TT Fibre and it was my first question on this forum, would my connection be the same with more bandwidth.

And for me it turned out to be a great move my ping is the same I have more width to download movies and games etc.

I do not use the TT router though as they suck I am sure there are thousands with fibre issues because of the router, with sky it is possible to use another router if you are a tech person that does not mind reading up and learning techniques.

So the answer is yeah fibre is great but router's can be flaky.

Thanks I think my might go ahead and do it il have a look into other routers aswell and look into it abit more 

• 4 weeks later...