xr500 internet blinks white/orange. Why? Question about better android app and upload speeds wired...

So I just got the router and it is fantastic. Love the looks so much that I have it just above monitor level so I can look at it :D
DumaOS features are awesome for sure. My issue though is the current app...it looks so dated and limited vs the dumaos interface.
Is there a more matching app planned?

Anyways, I just noticed the internet light was blinking white and orange yet my speeds seem great. Any idea what could be wrong?

Also I noticed that my wired connection to my MAIN PC (wired) is getting very steady speeds from my 1Gb service unlike my previous Asus N66U.
One odd thing...on this wired connection I get over 950Mb down but only about 40Mb up (the forced limit of my uploads is 35Mb by Comcast but I always get a bit more).
Yet when I use wireless like from my downstairs HTPC with an Asus PCE-AC88 adapters, it gets a great 850Mb (just as I was hoping) but surprisingly I get faster uploads like 50 to even 60Mb which is over the comcast limitations. My laptop with an asus USB-n63 which barely gets 250Mb down, is somehow also able to beat the 40Mb uploads of my main WIRED PC.

Whats up with that? LOL

PS I am running the latest firmware.

27 minutes ago, Netduma Fraser said:

Yes I think if it's under a certain mbps it will turn orange, not to worry though!

In regards to an app I think thats definitely on our roadmap

For sure would be nice to have a better app. :)

Regarding this issues reported from a February review, has any of this being fixed being worked on?

"For one, it doesn’t have built-in online protection — found in many other high-end routers such as the Asus GT-AC5300 — that works at the router level to keep the entire network from online threats. This is disappointing considering Netgear’s Armor Nighthawk R7000P router has this feature.

What’s more, the XR500 has limited Wi-Fi settings. For example, you can’t make a Wi-Fi network operate in a certain standard such as 802.11ac or 802.11n. Instead, you can only set it to work in “up to” a certain speed. This means there’s no reason you shouldn’t pick the highest number, making this setting a bit redundant.

And finally, in my testing, the XR500’s Content Filtering feature failed to block secure websites (those that start with https). Since most popular sites — Facebook, Youtube, Twitter and so on — are secure, the XR500’s Content Filtering is, for the most part, useless"

Thanks again

• Administrators

Netduma side we're not working on anything like that at the moment. 2.4Ghz uses n basically while 5GHz uses ac. Thats Netgears settings so I can't speculate as to why they've decided to do those things. Yeah it can't block HTTPS, apparently not possible. At least not with current features.