xr500 - need help have line jitter

27 minutes ago, Matthew_D said:

big_dog how do you know if its stp will it say on it? or do I have a bad ISP Modem? 

not sure about your modem. There are members of this forum that use the same as you and I think they have their own modem. Some isp modems have the intel puma6 chipset which is very well known for being bad.

14 minutes ago, BIG__DOG said:

not sure about your modem. There are members of this forum that use the same as you and I think they have their own modem. Some isp modems have the intel puma6 chipset which is very well known for being bad.

ok ill buy some from amazon an see how it goes. thanks a lot for the info though

29 minutes ago, Matthew_D said:

ok ill buy some from amazon an see how it goes. thanks a lot for the info though

no problem, hope it helps. Theres a post somewhere on here about the best modems for fibre connections in the U.S. May be worth looking into if your isp lets you use your own equipment.

2 hours ago, Matthew_D said:

oh thanks a lot ill take a look. might be something worth looking into if the ethernet cables don't help that you told me to get 

Ethernet cables are the cheapest to replace and the 1st port of call when it comes to addressing ping issues. Remember it also depends on wether or not your isp lets you use your own equipment.  Virginmedia a major ultrafast isp here in the UK does not allow users to use their own modems. Just remember to do your homework.

yea I hear ya. I got the ethernet cables you told me today from amazon an ran more test's an its still jittery not even close to what yours looked like. so idk if it could be my isp provider modem. 

• Administrators

What’s the make of your modem? Couldn’t see it mentioned above. Have you also sent this info to your ISP? They may be able to make improvements to your line