xr500 - need help have line jitter

I tried ping plotter without any saturation on my computer an have a pretty fair amount of line jitter an. I do it from my laptop so one idk should I do it connected ethernet. I did it wireless when I tried . an then to even get it pretty steady I still have spikes I have to slide my sliders down to like 50. my thing is I'm the only one that's using anything in the house playing ps4 so having my sliders that low on anti-bufferbloat is it necessary? 

ok ill try some more. I have like 2 or 3 here, cause I Called my isp provider an talked to them an they asked me the speeds I'm getting which was 100 down an 117 up an asked about packet loss an how much jitter he said anything below 30 ms jitter that is is normal. packet loss I said I didn't have any. one thing I did do was change my speeds to the 100 mbps just a couple days ago but I just went in an manually recharged the speeds should I let the router the xr500 reconfigure it? but that doesn't make sense cause one was straight off my isp router. 

30ms of jitter is not acceptable at all ( i get about 0.5 - 1.5ms jitter)if that is what your isp said. Change your ethernet cable and make sure it is shielded (STP).

5 minutes ago, BIG__DOG said:

30ms of jitter is not acceptable at all ( i get about 0.5 - 1.5ms jitter)if that is what your isp said. Change your ethernet cable and make sure it is shielded (STP).

Would STP make that big of a difference. Asking for myself as well. I run UTP and was under the impression that in a normal residential setting UTP should suffice. I do have a desk that looks like a massive spider web of cables under it. 

2 minutes ago, Pinnskii said:

Would STP make that big of a difference. Asking for myself as well. I run UTP and was under the impression that in a normal residential setting UTP should suffice. I do have a desk that looks like a massive spider web of cables under it. 

STP (Shielded Twisted Pair) reduces the risk of electrical interference caused by nearby power cables etc etc. UTP (Unshielded Twisted Pair) offers no such protection.

Heres my connection

2018-11-01.png

wow that's what I figured it should look like. here's the same trace with 2 different ethernet cables on my isp providers modem wired. an pictures above which was yesterday actually was a another ethernet cable. 

www.google.com 2.png

www.google.com.png

8 minutes ago, Matthew_D said:

big_dog how do you know if its stp will it say on it? or do I have a bad ISP Modem?

The cable ends will have metal shielding on them compared to just plastic ends and the cables are usually more stiff

1 minute ago, Pinnskii said:

The cable ends will have metal shielding on them compared to just plastic ends and the cables are usually more stiff

can I be able to buy these at a store or would I have to order one from amazon or something? im in the U.S