XR500 internet connection drop

Hi all,

I bought a XR500 last weekend and has been going great except for when I am not actively online. The router will drop internet connection. I solve this by turning the router off and on and the system come back up with internet fine. The connection never drops when I am online. 

When I got it I downloaded the latest firmware. I found a similar problem on this forum and I think it is Fraser sent me a beta firmware to test to see if it solves the problem.

I want to report that it has not solved the issue. After coming home from work today, there was no internet connection. Once again restarting the router fixed the problem but obviously not the root cause. 

Is there anything else that can be done? What information will help with diagnosis?

Cheers,

• Administrators

Sorry to hear you're experiencing the issue still. I know the teams involved had a meeting about this today so hopefully will be a resolution. 

It's usually caused by a console being in Instant On/Rest Mode. If you turn them off properly then the issue should stop happening, can you try and confirm this?

14 hours ago, Netduma Fraser said:

Sorry to hear you're experiencing the issue still. I know the teams involved had a meeting about this today so hopefully will be a resolution. 

It's usually caused by a console being in Instant On/Rest Mode. If you turn them off properly then the issue should stop happening, can you try and confirm this?

I do have an xbox one x, I will test out turning it off fully and see if that will mean it will keep connection. While it is not a fix, it is good to know the expect problem. I will let you know how my test goes. 

14 hours ago, Uzumaki619 said:

I dont know I have the xr500 for 3 months now I've never experienced internet connection drop. Maybe it's the modem you have.

I have the sb8200. And my internet never drop once. 

It is not the modem I believe for two reasons. First is that resetting the router fixes the problem, I never have to touch the modem. The second is that I have been on this connection with an Asus router for months now without an issue. The only change to the setup was replacing the asus router with the nighthawk and the issue started the day I connected it up. However I will have a closer look at the modem tonight when I get home. My connection is also a fibre connection.

I am going to test the console being fully turned off as Fraser has advised and see if that is the problem. 

• 2 months later...

Is there any update on this issue. I am losing connection mid comp game when I am playing on PC. I know it is associated with the console but if I forget to unplug the console I am disconnecting mid game resulting in a loss for that comp game for me and my team. It is getting very frustrating.

• Netduma Staff
25 minutes ago, Mai keth said:

Is there any update on this issue. I am losing connection mid comp game when I am playing on PC. I know it is associated with the console but if I forget to unplug the console I am disconnecting mid game resulting in a loss for that comp game for me and my team. It is getting very frustrating.

Hi Mai - I'll forward this on to our testing team just to see if there has been any progress with this particular issue, and I'll update you on what they say :)