Destiny 2 connecting to distant Dedicated Servers

mihirmajmudar

I am on PS4 .. I am from India..  my geo filter range is set to 2000 miles .. every time i play pvp it gets me connected to far distant dedicated servers ..sometimes even to the American dedicated servers .. which gives me bad bad connection..nearest dedicated server in my region is in Malaysia I guess... only once out of every 10 match I get connected to that server and it gives me good connection.. I have tried everything but still no use ...I tried allowed and denied also but wouldn’t work ... any suggestion? Please do let me know...

9C1853AF-8B51-4FE7-8167-C55422B9AF22.png

• Administrators

Destiny uses a P2P/Dedicated server hybrid system. What I suspect is happening is that there are not enough people in India to do pure P2P and so you're forced to connect to servers. We usually advise disabling strict mode for Destiny but I think in your case what I would suggest is to expand your radius to include the Malaysian server and India, can move your home location if necessary and enable strict mode. That should get you a better connection and hopefully using strict mode doesn't boot you. Let me know how you get on.