Downgrading firmware

7 hours ago, Netduma Fraser said:

I wouldn't recommend it but why would you want to? There is not much difference between the versions if any

Only because of this potential dns vulnerability and that was the firmware i was on before i installed DumaOS and now 1.03.6j because i have downgraded from DumaOS. There was no problems with 1.03.6g hence why i thought about going back to it.

On 10/31/2018 at 7:29 AM, Netduma Fraser said:

I wouldn't recommend it but why would you want to? There is not much difference between the versions if any

Hey fraser, can you send me the link to downgrade R1 from duma OS please. I've been searching for the it and can't seem to find it, thanks! Also, if there is any special instructions with doing the downgrade please let me know too, thanks again

• Administrators

http://support.netduma.com/support/solutions/articles/16000085792-downgrading-back-to-the-original-r1-firmware-from-dumaos

All the main instructions are on that page. After downgrading, you may need to first use a different browser to access the control panel. 

On 11/1/2018 at 1:03 PM, Netduma Fraser said:

There shouldn't be a vulnerability on j compared to g as far as I am aware as j was just needed for our factory flashing process

I was actually on 1.03.6i not g looking back at it (due to krack wifi problem) which i remember upgrading to. Is it possible to go from 1.03.6j to 1.03.6i? Otherwise might have to take the netduma off my network until this dns vulnerability is fixed just to be on the safe side.

• Administrators

It's not something we have tried in a long time - and it could brick your router. BUT - you might be able to go to DumaOS and then downgrade to 1.03.6i. I would have to check with a dev but none are free right now.