Initial setup issues

Hi,

I recently purchased a Netduma and I've had a heck of a time trying to set it up. I have an Xfinity Cisco Router/Modem combo and through some research I read that if I wanted it to be a modem alone I'd have to put it into bridge mode and I did that, but then I couldn't connect to the internet at all, so I held the reset button on the back of the modem for 10 seconds and that didn't work either. The only time it successfully connected was when it wasn't in bridge mode but I don't know if the two routers might conflict with each other if I don't put it in bridge mode if that makes any sense? Any help/guidance would be very much appreciated.

• Administrators

Hey, welcome to the forum!

Not a problem, if you put the R1 WAN IP found in the Netduma Device Manager into the Cisco DMZ that will ensure theres no WAN conflicts. Disable WiFi on the cisco as well and you shouldn't have any issues.

I followed your steps and it seemed to work for a few minutes but now it's saying the DNS server isn't responding when I run network diagnostics. I'm not sure what to do now. It seemed to automatically disable wifi when I went into bridge mode, also there is no DMZ option in bridge mode or at least I don't see it but I put the WAN IP into the DMZ when I wasn't in bridge mode because it was available.

Edit: So now it randomly started working, maybe it just takes time to update everything? I have no clue.