x500 factory reset bug help!

• Administrators

How did you do the reset? Via the interface or via the button at the back of the router. If the button it's likely you didn't hold it long enough. Do it from the interface and once done it should reload you on to the setup wizard.

11 hours ago, BIG__DOG said:

clear browser cache and retry please. You can also try by opening microsoft edge. This really sounds like a cache issue!

that work thank you, one more thing my router wont detect  my bandwidth any fix  i have 100 download 10 upload

Screenshot (54).png

Guest Killhippie
18 hours ago, BIG__DOG said:

you can input them manually if you wish or you could try and rerun the speed test!

Speedtest is currently broken across a range of Netgear routers, XR500, XR700 and R7800 to name but a few, its being looked at by Netgear I think, as nobody seems sure whats happened to cause this. Netgear probably didn't renew something their end with Ookla..

21 minutes ago, Killhippie said:

Speedtest is currently broken across a range of Netgear routers, XR500, XR700 and R7800 to name but a few, its being looked at by Netgear I think, as nobody seems sure whats happened to cause this. Netgear probably didn't renew something their end with Ookla..

speedtest worked perfectly fine for me yesterday!

Guest Killhippie
38 minutes ago, BIG__DOG said:

speedtest worked perfectly fine for me yesterday!

It works for download not for upload quite often so there is a glitch. Netgear have sanity checked and have seen the issue. I did mine a few days back and it said 55.6Mbps down and 1000Mbps up! It could not complete the upload test and took ages but doesn't actually say it fails in large enough  text to let you know cleary, very odd. Maybe a failed speedtest could be made bolder possibly? And it would be great to be able to run a speedtest without running the setup. again. Older Netgear routers have that option, Just not the XR500/XR700

Il y a 1 heure, BIG__DOG a déclaré:

Le test de vitesse est parfaitement fonctionnel pour moi hier!

Personnellement impossible de faire un test de debit via le xr500 depuis la mise à jour. 32 même 10 fois d'affiler...! Et impossible de prioriser manuellement le traffic...! A quand une mise à jour je suis tellement déçu de netgear cela sera mon dernier routeur netgear j'espère que Netduma feront un r2 avec un matériel puissant je serais le premier à l'acheter mais pour moi ils ont très mal négocié leur contrat avec netgear car Netduma est devenu une société logiciel mais qui n'a aucun pouvoir de modifié leur propre logiciel quand il le veulent ça donne une très mauvaise image et c'est vraiment dommage... 

Guest Killhippie
On 10/30/2018 at 4:28 PM, Netduma Fraser said:

I have let Netgear know so hopefully it is a simple fix. I did just double check on an internal version and I don't see the issue so that is promising.

They just have to fix the / password issue and give Hybrid VPN to the XR500 plus a few other fixes and all will be well in the land of routers.