Can't connect to Xbox Party Chat

jayStepp

I upgraded my R1 to the DumaOS last week and I absolutely love it. One issue though. My son can't connect to party chat with his friend. On the old software there was no problem. I am not sure if it is something I have (or haven't) done. His friend is well within the geo-filter. I even removed my sons Xbox entirely. Still no luck. Once I downgraded, it works fine. I would like to keep DumaOS, but also would like to have my son and his friend be able to chat. Any help or suggestions would be greatly appreciated. Thanks

• Administrators

Hi Jay - that's an odd one. Do you know what his NAT type is? You can find that out when you run a network test on the Xbox.

If it's not open, please follow this guide: http://support.netduma.com/support/solutions/articles/16000076587-dumaos-optimal-settings-guide-nat

Sorry it took so long to reply...crazy work week. I re-installed DumaOS and disabled QoS completely and will see if that works. If his friend had moderate NAT, could that be the problem? If so, I am still confused on why things worked fine on original R1 firmware. Thanks for all the help with this, and for making a great product