R1 WiFi randomly cuts out

Azsry

Hey all,

I'm not sure if this is the best place to post this, since I've been having this issue even on the original firmware, but I actually stopped using the R1 in favour of a Archer C7 with DD-WRT because the R1's WiFi kept dropping out years ago. I came back after upgrading to DumaOS, but the issue is still there.

Wired connections work fine, but wireless devices can't connect to the router, and the SSID only gets broadcasted intermittently. When my phone detects the SSID and tries to connect, it just says Connecting, then goes back to Saved. I'm not sure what could cause this, but I get the feeling it's hardware related, since upgrading to DumaOS didn't fix the issue.

I've attached the output log - the issue started happening at 10:53 (12:53 in the log file).

I really want to keep using the R1, but if the WiFi keeps cutting out, I'll have to revert back to the C7 for stability.

Any insight would be greatly appreciated.

log-1540645053631.txt

UPDATE:

WiFi connectivity is back after around 20 minutes. I think the issue has to do with the DHCP Lease expiring, but I'm not sure why this would only affect WiFi devices. See the updated log file below for additional information following when connectivity returned.

log-1540645394322.txt

• Administrators

It's odd that it only affects WiFi devices if it's a DHCP issue.

How many wired devices have you connected to it? Have you assigned them static IPs (would explain the DHCP anomaly).

It might be worth changing the LAN IP too - could you do this in Network Settings please.

I also recommend changing the channel and the SSID of the Wifi (also in network settings)

2 hours ago, Netduma Admin said:

It's odd that it only affects WiFi devices if it's a DHCP issue.

How many wired devices have you connected to it? Have you assigned them static IPs (would explain the DHCP anomaly).

It might be worth changing the LAN IP too - could you do this in Network Settings please.

I also recommend changing the channel and the SSID of the Wifi (also in network settings)

Thanks for yoru reply!

I've only got 2 wired devices connected, and one has a static IP assigned to it. The other wasn't connected at the time. I'll try changing the LAN IP, SSID and channel and see if that makes any difference.

Would a workaround be to assign static IPs to all connected devices?