Jump to content
Chaiyoabc

PSA: don’t upgrade to dumaos or you will be forced to p2p in BO4 most of the time.

Recommended Posts

I have been going back and forth between new duma OS and original r1 firmware. And I’m postivie to say that Netduma team is currently woking on cloud update to make sure everything work perfect as much as possible. But just right now this duma os is just in beta stage and can cause frustration rather than good gaming experience. 

Here is the comparison between duma os and r1 from my experience 

geo filter and bo4 matchmaking behavior:

netduma r1 original firmware

work as expected. You can use geo-filter, put it on strict mode and it will perform just like you expect. All Dedicated servers always show up on map which including Singapore server in my region. Whenever there is problem, I can do as instructed by many of people from netduma team. Which is to turn off console, setting everything up in netduma and boot the game back and it will work just fine. I have never experienced matchmaking issue whatsoever in this original fw. And not a single match I matchmade into p2p lobbies. 

 

Netduma’s Duma Os

On the other hand in duma os, for some reason there are still issues in geo-filter. First I have to mention that I have been using dumaOS for almost 2 weeks which I find it long enough to share my experience for you guys. Don’t get me wrong I am really impress by its dashboard customization and qos feature. However, main issue reamain when comes to geo-filter and matchmaking. About 90% of the time I connect to arab p2p lobbies despite of proper geo-filter setup as instructed by netduma team. Only sometimes I can actually connect to Singapore server for quitr short period and it always disappear when there is ‘setting change’ from Treayarch 

 

So far this is what I have been experiencing I hope it is helpful for you guys and it can cause less frustration for you 

apologize for my english too

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

This could be a result of the area you live in. I think the vast majority of people are seeing server hosted games.

We are testing Ping Assist in closed beta at the moment and the results have been very impressive. So for now, I recommend downgrading back to the original R1 firmware if you prefer it, and then come back once Ping Assist is out for open Beta.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
1 hour ago, Netduma Admin said:

This could be a result of the area you live in. I think the vast majority of people are seeing server hosted games.

We are testing Ping Assist in closed beta at the moment and the results have been very impressive. So for now, I recommend downgrading back to the original R1 firmware if you prefer it, and then come back once Ping Assist is out for open Beta.

that sounds better idea. it is shame that

 I really love the DumaOS, you guys have done great job for it 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

I could relate to this post.

As ive just downgraded my firmware after connecting to peers and servers in USA (i live in London) using thr dumaOS.

After downgrading i have successfully connected to the England dedicated server 100% of the time. And my ping went from 150ms average to 8ms average. I loved the dumaOS for its simplicity and ease of use but its got a long way to go before its ready for prime time.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Seem to be having the same issue. 

90% of the time I connect to P2P even with strict mode on.  The P2P is always inside my Geo Filter. 
My dedicated server is in Sydney 1,400 km away from me (33ms).

Joining solo seems to give me a higher change to join the dedicated server.
Joining as a party over the weekend I played one game on an actual server.

I always set the filter and then load the game as per instruction.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

First thing to say is it could be a dedicated server marked as a peer as is the case with the last picture from Scion. So at the moment until a cloud update is done I wouldn't focus too much on that. If it was P2P you would most likely see a lot of players on the map rather than one big host. 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
16 hours ago, Netduma Fraser said:

First thing to say is it could be a dedicated server marked as a peer as is the case with the last picture from Scion. So at the moment until a cloud update is done I wouldn't focus too much on that. If it was P2P you would most likely see a lot of players on the map rather than one big host. 

for me when it is p2p, player icon will popup randomly in everywhere while searching.

When it detects dedicated servers, it will be one standalone white square icon

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
6 hours ago, Chaiyoabc said:

for me when it is p2p, player icon will popup randomly in everywhere while searching.

When it detects dedicated servers, it will be one standalone white square icon

That is usual that you sometimes see players before you join a server though. You may have a big peer icon but it may just be a server incorrectly marked as a peer

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
On 10/27/2018 at 11:52 AM, Chaiyoabc said:

I have been going back and forth between new duma OS and original r1 firmware. And I’m postivie to say that Netduma team is currently woking on cloud update to make sure everything work perfect as much as possible. But just right now this duma os is just in beta stage and can cause frustration rather than good gaming experience. 

Here is the comparison between duma os and r1 from my experience 

geo filter and bo4 matchmaking behavior:

netduma r1 original firmware

work as expected. You can use geo-filter, put it on strict mode and it will perform just like you expect. All Dedicated servers always show up on map which including Singapore server in my region. Whenever there is problem, I can do as instructed by many of people from netduma team. Which is to turn off console, setting everything up in netduma and boot the game back and it will work just fine. I have never experienced matchmaking issue whatsoever in this original fw. And not a single match I matchmade into p2p lobbies. 

 

Netduma’s Duma Os

On the other hand in duma os, for some reason there are still issues in geo-filter. First I have to mention that I have been using dumaOS for almost 2 weeks which I find it long enough to share my experience for you guys. Don’t get me wrong I am really impress by its dashboard customization and qos feature. However, main issue reamain when comes to geo-filter and matchmaking. About 90% of the time I connect to arab p2p lobbies despite of proper geo-filter setup as instructed by netduma team. Only sometimes I can actually connect to Singapore server for quitr short period and it always disappear when there is ‘setting change’ from Treayarch 

 

So far this is what I have been experiencing I hope it is helpful for you guys and it can cause less frustration for you 

apologize for my english too

I agree with everything you said. I experienced the same problems with geo filter. Having it enabled but still getting connected to a server in french instead of in germany. Cant find lobbies for hours. When I connect my PS4 directly to the Fritzbox it founds loobies within 5 seconds. But the lag is kicking my ass for real

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
13 hours ago, Netduma Fraser said:

I have mentioned to developers but you should be able to force games if you just encompass Germany and do the quit game to dashboard and then boot up trick

But it doesnt work Fraser. I followed your advice earlier with the strict mode and geo-filter enabled. But as soon as leave the lobby, cant even connect anymore to the online services. Another thing is I tested yesterday, when I connect my PS4 directly to the Fritzbox and enable UpnP on it, I get moderate nat type on blops 4. I disabled it and restarted the PS4 and got opet nat type again. Thats kinda strange. UpnP is mentioned to communicate with server and players if I remember correctly.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Hi Fraser. Yeah I did the flush few times, didnt help at all. :(. Im gonna continue playing on the fritzbox right now until ping assist for dumaos comes out. Im playing hardcore modes anyway, so I dont need the R1 right now and I hope they fix their stupid game soon. 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

I get the Atlanta server every once in a while and I get 15 to 18 ms ping but it plays like I'm on 100 ms ping which is crazy I would only assume it' because my base ping is high the the server ping would this be accurate? 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
2 hours ago, JOE1305 said:

I know what u mean. I have a 19ms ping to the german server but it plays like 100ms. Makes no sense at all

Lag comp for ya'. If you have a stable line then it's likely either a bad server or just a really bad bunch of players on the server causing it to whack out a bit.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Create an account or sign in to comment

You need to be a member in order to leave a comment

Create an account

Sign up for a new account in our community. It's easy!

Register a new account

Sign in

Already have an account? Sign in here.

Sign In Now

×