Texas Dedicated Server

Trip

The old firmware had a dedicated server in Texas. I connect to black ops 4 and I see all the dedicated servers in the USA, but the Texas dedicated server never pops up with the rest of them. Did they shut this dedicated server down?

Well the point is to be able to connect to this dedicated server since it is the closes one from my state of Colorado.

i have my geo set up around the whole state of Texas and I never connect to this dedicated server. I rebooted the router and reconnected with no luck. What is the issue with the new firmware? I didn’t have this on the old one. I have attached a screenshot of my geo filter.

EB34400E-C320-4C6B-913A-024A5306EDE2.jpeg

I just did a little test that velloonythedeity suggested but I put the home icon in the water. I have finally noticed that the Texas dedicated server pops up but how come when I have my home radius around the whole state of Texas that I never connect to this dedicated server like I was able to before with the old firmware? I have attached a screenshot of my test.

FD8B8B32-2A84-4AD6-BA43-0AC0374A3EFC.jpeg

• Administrators

Hi Trip,

The GeoFilter should filter out any hosts outside your radius. If the Texas server is within your GeoFilter radius then if the game tries to connect you to it, the GeoFilter should allow it. Perhaps your upgrade to DumaOS has coincided with a game update which is now connecting you to a different server?

Fraser,

what do you suggest I do then? I have rebooted before connecting to black ops 4 and have the filter around Texas. The only thing I connect to is peers which the connection quality is random and migrating host pops up a lot. I have also set the radius to 800 miles and I still only seem to connect to peers. It feels like the dedicated servers blocked my IP! It also takes a long time to find a game which I believe is because I can only connect to peers. I look at other issues in this forum and I am not the only one with this similar problem.

• Administrators

Are you sure they are peers? There are dedicated servers misclassified as peers at the moment. So it's likely you're actually connecting to servers. You will be able to connect to the dedicated server if your radius is around it. In the next update you should see it within your radius on boot up as well as we optimized a little there also. 

• Administrators

It would often have the server provider in the domain name. If you Google the name of the domain it should usually bring up their website (if it is indeed a server)

Yeah it was searching for a game for ten minutes with the radius around Texas and it never connected to it or a peer that match that domain name. Hopefully you will find a fix for this issue.