XR700 Dropped Packets

• 3 weeks later...

Ok I was told that netduma have nothing to do with the firmware as all testing and work is done by Netgear. I beginnings to get the feeling that no one is telling the truth. I think it time to sell or return xr700 as it one crappiest routers I every used. Also how many people does take for someone to go oops we missed up and need to get hotfix out to fix the dam bugs.

On 10/31/2018 at 7:23 PM, Netduma Fraser said:

I'm not too concerned about that part really. Those logs are fine. I did give this topic to XR700 member so hopefully I'll hear back soon with suggestions but glad its not as bad as previously thought

Fraser why can't you be honest and stop coveing up all the issues that are apparent in the firmware. 

• Administrators
8 hours ago, XSvirusSAFE said:

Ok I was told that netduma have nothing to do with the firmware as all testing and work is done by Netgear. I beginnings to get the feeling that no one is telling the truth. I think it time to sell or return xr700 as it one crappiest routers I every used. Also how many people does take for someone to go oops we missed up and need to get hotfix out to fix the dam bugs.

New firmware releases contain both our changes (on DumaOS), and changes from Netgear (on Settings and low level hardware stuff e.g. Wireless). 

Netgear are working hard to get a new release out ASAP. It will contain fixes plus DumaOS Milestone 1.3

Guest Killhippie
22 hours ago, Netduma Admin said:

New firmware releases contain both our changes (on DumaOS), and changes from Netgear (on Settings and low level hardware stuff e.g. Wireless). 

Netgear are working hard to get a new release out ASAP. It will contain fixes plus DumaOS Milestone 1.3

All that low end stuff though does the heavy lifting  Wi-Fi drivers, tweaks to the switches to stop dropouts to hard wired devices and updates to the SoC from Qualcomm to protect against spectre etc and  any other vulnerabilities in both hardware and software. From what I can work out Netduma send their software to Netgear and then it’s down to Netgear to put it all together in a big router sandwich then test and release.  Basically yes DumaOS is on the device, but it still a Netgear router hence miniupnd 1.0  being 13 years old which I’m sure you guys would have updated if things like UPnP and the firewall etc were totally under your total control. :)