anti buffer bloat help!!

hey guy's So I been using the anti buffer bloat at 70% an my ping is from 10 ms to 20 ms I was trying to get it more stable or lower if possible or do I really need to ?. I kind of know what I'm doing but I'm not all that savvy when it comes to stuff like this so I saw ping plotter should I use it an figure out what my ping does. so like should I go on it an use it on my ps4 an go down an see how it stabilizes it or should I just keep it at 70% the sliders I'm just trying to get the best use out of my xr500. it seems like when I'm playing bo4 that my shots are like registering but not ...like I'm being melted. If anyone can help id appreciate it. or give advice on the xr500. 

• Netduma Staff
2 hours ago, Matthew_D said:

this was normal I didn't touch anything or do anything just ran the test with no other windows open 

You've got quite a bit of jitter on your line - if you look at how much it's fluctuating you're getting around 15ms jitter. Only one spike in the whole 10 minutes though, so that's not bad.

Jitter like this tends to originate from your line or equipment. It might be worth switching your Ethernet cable and running another test. You could try setting up Anti-Bufferbloat and running this test if you want - the results should better than this. Let us know how you get on :)

26 minutes ago, Matthew_D said:

think if I bought a new coax cable if that would do anything? or not really 

It’s always worth changing your Ethernet cable as they can (and do) go faulty.

I had a new one I just hooked it up I'm gonna try it out. do you think I would need to buy a new coax cable going from the modem to my splitter would that help too or that doesn't really matter

gotcha so really its just the line running to my house then that's just making it that way. when I do use the buffer bloat to about 60 percent it straightens out a lot on ping plotter. but still fluctuates on my xr500 with 10ms to 20 ms ping which I guess is best I'm gonna get 

Hi, just thought I'd show you my pingplotter graph to make you feel better. Using Virgin media, all cables new including full co-ax and using SH2 not 3. I cant do any testing because I can't seem to make it better or worse and VM don't think it's a problem.

bbc.co.uk.png