Original R1 is better than XR500 DUMAOS

carl0024

Ok as the title says I've finally had enough with having unfair games and did my own pingplotter tests. Now I have a Fibre Connection. I own both xr500 DumaOS and R1 with original firmware. I did not upgrade to dumaOS on r1 specifically because dumaos on xr500 never delivered good games for me. Now I know why.

Attached below is my results for pingplotter. 

Xr500 was giving me 2.5 average ping on my first hop

R1 Preemptive was giving me a 1.8 average ping on my first hop

and Lastly I took off any router and went straight for a NAT Type 1 connection (No Router) and literally gave me no extra 1st hop.

P.S. However I'd like to have a router to connect my other devices. Even though "No router" gives me monster games.

Can anyone explain to me why Xr500 is all but a marketing for gamers product? Because as a competitive gamer Im very disappointed. I was hoping when I bought dumaos I will be dropping other 5kd players easy. but no its not the case. I play a lot of scrims against other good players. So every shed of latency is important to me.

Pingplotter Xr500, netduma r1, and straight to modem.pdf

image.thumb.png.cd6330a0f2b38d05fdd6f5393ee615a9.pngimage.thumb.png.653e95994b2df6cfb6756afec7b38da2.pngimage.thumb.png.3256b89ce6872055a6c7f4de5fc67155.png

1 hour ago, ExtraCrispy86 said:

I’d like to know why Twitter keeps trying to access my router!?!  I don’t even own a twitter acct...

Bro the twitter ping plotter isnt the point. the first hop is the point look at my first hop bro. did you even read the post

This threads title is just misleading!

I have had the R1 since day 1 when it was released and it was a great router, but since i have upgraded to the XR500 its night and day situation.

XR500 is miles and miles better then the R1 Router in every way.

I think you are just frustrated because BO4 network performance is glitching at the moment but it will get better 

10 hours ago, rckrz6 said:

Am i misreading this or are you really complaining about less then 1 ms

yes I'm complaining about the less than 1 ms. I mean xr500 should be better than r1 right? I read everywhere in the forums that XR500 is a far superior hardware. That's all. I'm posting this to show why original pre emptive gives me a better chance competing against other try hards. I'm a little concerned because now NETDUMA is investing the rest of the coming years on DUMAOS and leaving preemptive original algorithm with no more updates.