DumaOS r1 vs r1 original firmware

Albeno

• Administrators

Glad you’re enjoying it! In all honesty, that could be a placebo effect as Geo-Filter works similarly on both at the moment, but I’m happy it’s going well!

9 hours ago, Albeno said:

DumaOS is working way better on the R1 than the original r1 firmware was. I consistently get a stable 24-26 ping every game and I’ve been playing all day. On the original firmware I was only getting 38-60 ping.  I love it. Thanks you guys so much

same thing for me as well. I think it could be the cc because in ping plotter my connection dont have near as many spikes with the duma os as it does with the original firmware

• Netduma Staff
14 hours ago, Albeno said:

DumaOS is working way better on the R1 than the original r1 firmware was. I consistently get a stable 24-26 ping every game and I’ve been playing all day. On the original firmware I was only getting 38-60 ping.  I love it. Thanks you guys so much

Awesome. I'm glad you're enjoying it - this is just the beginning for DumaOS so we hope you enjoy the features to come. That sounds like an awesome ping as well!

• 1 year later...

A lot of people say the older firmware was better, and maybe with certain connection types and speeds, it is. But I've been messing around the R1 for about a month now and my hit detection was horrible. See them first, react first, bullets hit after I shoot and look away. Lol. So I decided to download the DumaOS on the R1 last nivht. Bullets were connecting instantly but I'm no longer ahead visual on screen. Weird trade off going on but the bullet lag is gone! I also had some high cpu usage when idle so I factory reset the R1, unchecked save settings and unchecked check version, and flashed DumaOS. The CPU went down to like 20-25%. I also disabled the VPN and now it only spikes when I first log into the touter. Overall, much better for my connection type and speed! 👍