No interface on Netduma

I recently upgraded to the new Duma OS and was having a difficult time getting it to work,  come to find out that a malware program would not let it load in Firefox. closed the program and everything was fine. I downloaded the latest software to downgrade to back my latest settings opened up the upgrade settings and proceeded to install the software before the upgrade. halfway thru my girlfriend unplugged my power box to charge her phone, when i plugged everything back up, everything was working just fine.When i tried to finish the downgrade my user interface cannot be found. All it says is ERROR 404 the URL request can not be found. my guess is that the ip address didn't get installed before i lost power. Currently there is no way for me to access the routers interface to complete the downgrade.All the lights come on, i still have a open Nat on my console and all my games. The router will not reboot by holding the reboot button in the back.can i send it back for repairs?

• Administrators

Hi Broderick - the fact all the lights are on and it's operating as a router is a good sign. I think you're probably ok. Don't worry about the reboot button at the back, that doesn't work on the original R1 firmware. Could you do this please:

1. Type exactly this in your browser: 192.168.88.1 and press enter. Does it load the interface? Make sure you don't have any of the extra stuff in the address bar (e.g. http://192.168.88.1/desktop/index.html?cache=0#com.netdumasoftware.dashboard) because this will give you a 404 error
  2. If step 1 doesn't work, search for WiFi networks on your PC, can you see the Netduma R1 as an option? What happens if you try to connect to this, is it successful?

• Administrators

What do you see when you search for WiFi?

Could you also do these steps on the PC connected to the R1:

1. Open your Windows Start Menu

2. Type in cmd and press enter

3. In the black window that opens, type in ipconfig  and press enter

4. Take a screenshot or a photo of the results that appear and post on this forum

If it's easier take a video of you doing this, upload to dropbox and post the video here.

• Administrators

Thanks Broderick, that's very helpful.

The good news is you are definitely connected to the router and it's giving you an IP address, so I'm confident we can fix this.

Could you follow this guide to disable IPv6 on your LAN adapter: 

https://medium.com/@JockDaRock/disabling-ipv6-on-network-adapter-windows-10-5fad010bca75

Then try again. If it doesn't work, could you record a video of you trying to access the interface on your browser, with the error message that then appears, and link it to us here.

You opened command line and got a gateway ip of 192.168.88.1 and an assigned ip of 192.168.1.107 which shows that the R1 is issuing ip's and you have internet access.

Have you cleared all your browser cache? If not, try that please and also try chrome or ms edge/I.E just to see if you can access the R1 GUI.

• Administrators

Thanks for sharing the videos. Very helpful to see. I think it could be a cache problem, or there's something larger issue going on.

Could you open your chrome in incognito mode and then try 192.168.88.1 again please? 

If that doesn't work, we'll try to remote access your router again to see if we can fix it. Let us know how you get on and we can figure out the next steps. Thanks

Hey netduma ive been having this same problem with my netduma but i dont have the netduma os. Its actually been over a year since i use my router. The last time i power it was during the cycle of infinite warfare. And not yhat bo4 is out i need it again. But for some reason i cant get to the interface. I use the default router number and http://r1 and it still dont work

15407074065231988900403.jpg

I even put my xfinity router on bridge modem to stop both of my wifi connection from the xfinity, so that just leaves my netduma r1. I can connect to the r1 but cant get to the interface, so it may ne under another ip but how can i find that out. Can u access my router to help me out. Maybe i need to upgrade my netduma to os im not sure

• Administrators
18 hours ago, broderick1000 said:

I opened google chrome incognito mode and can connect to the interface but it wont open in Firefox or google chrome.

That's very strange, theres no differences there. What happens when you try to connect? If incognito worked then it's likely adblocker or cache/cookies is the cause, if you disable adblocker and clear that does it work as expected?