Black Ops 4 going from Moderate to Strict on its own?

markbrooklyn

So for some reason my Black Ops 4 game is going from Moderate to Strict on its own.  It was on Open for a while when I put my Netduma in my Routers DMZ, then it went to Moderate.  Then i saw on this forum if you port forward 1024-65535 TCP & UDP it would take it off Moderate and put it back on Open which it did for a while.  Now its been on Moderate, and it went to Strict on its own.  Is it something I'm doing?  The DumaOS? Or just Black Ops 4?

• Netduma Staff
7 hours ago, markbrooklyn said:

So for some reason my Black Ops 4 game is going from Moderate to Strict on its own.  It was on Open for a while when I put my Netduma in my Routers DMZ, then it went to Moderate.  Then i saw on this forum if you port forward 1024-65535 TCP & UDP it would take it off Moderate and put it back on Open which it did for a while.  Now its been on Moderate, and it went to Strict on its own.  Is it something I'm doing?  The DumaOS? Or just Black Ops 4?

I guarantee that this is just the game NAT reading being inaccurate. This is the game NAT you're talking about right?

With those settings you should have an open NAT on your console - which is all that really matters. NAT affects your ability to connect to the game. Do you find your matchmaking is much slower than previously? Are you experiencing any other connection issues?

2 hours ago, Netduma Jack said:

I guarantee that this is just the game NAT reading being inaccurate. This is the game NAT you're talking about right?

With those settings you should have an open NAT on your console - which is all that really matters. NAT affects your ability to connect to the game. Do you find your matchmaking is much slower than previously? Are you experiencing any other connection issues?

Hi Jack,

That’s what I figured.  Yes the game NAT.  My Xbox NAT is always open now.  It did feel a bit laggy, which is why I looked at my in game NAT and noticed it was on strict.   But it was also late at night, and COD games tend to be a little laggier at night.  When I go on Infinite Warfare the NAT Type is Open so I found that weird.

Did you disable uPnP if you set up PF? This needs to be done if your using PF. 

However mostly you just need uPnP and don't use PF. If you have a router in front of the XR, then you'll need to use the DMZ on this router. 

Is this router a modem as well or another router your using. You should be using the XR as a primary router. 

Whats the Mfr and model# of the ISP modem?