Quick help

48 minutes ago, Coyote305 said:

My xfinity cable modem when I plug the hard wire to my xbox it shows in the network settings IPv4 & IPv6 but, when I plug the net Duma it only shows IPv4 only  should I run what the modem is running 

Netduma recommend IPv4 as IPv6 can sometimes cause issues with QoS. IPv6 doesn’t offer any benefit to gaming either so best to stick with IPv4.

• Netduma Staff
16 hours ago, Coyote305 said:

My xfinity cable modem when I plug the hard wire to my xbox it shows in the network settings IPv4 & IPv6 but, when I plug the net Duma it only shows IPv4 only  should I run what the modem is running 

Hi, welcome to the forum! Pollutionblues is correct above. Don't fall for the marketing - IPv6 doesn't impact your gameplay in any way, it's one big placebo effect. Since the vast majority of home networks run on IPv4 you should use IPv4.

If you want to prove for yourself that it doesn't affect your connection, just think about what it actually is. ISP's ran our of numbers to use for their IPv4 format, so they came up with IPv6 which changed the number format and allowed for more IP addresses to be created. That's it folks! :)