R1 DumaOS router page inaccessible - incorrect default gateway

Azsry

Hey there,

I recently upgraded my R1 from the original firmware to DumaOS, and simply connecting my ethernet cable to port 2 on the R1 let me connect to the original R1 interface. The update went smoothly and I logged into the DumaOS page using the default username/password combination, updated the max bandwidths in the QoS section, then went to replace my existing router with the R1. I still have internet access while connected directly to the R1, but I can no longer access the router page at 192.168.88.1.Running and ipconfig /all shows the default gateway to be 192.168.0.1, the gateway of my modem, rather than 192.168.88.1. I've checked that I'm connected to the R1 rather than my modem/router, and even tested on my phone. All devices show a gateway of .0.1 instead of .88.1. I'm assuming this is the cause of the inaccessibility, but I'm not sure what would cause this. I've tried factory resetting the router as well, but the default gateway stayed at .0.1.

I have attached a picture of the ipconfig readout below.

Any help would be greatly appreciated :)

896ccf.png

• Administrators

Can you disconnect the R1 from your modem - so there is solely a connectino between your PC and the R1. You don't need Internet to access the UI.

Also turn the WiFi off on your PC.

Can you now access the R1? If not, please run ipconfig again and post results here.

8 hours ago, Seye said:

Clear the browser cache, try again if doesn't work then use a different browser this happened to me once.

7 hours ago, Netduma Admin said:

Can you disconnect the R1 from your modem - so there is solely a connectino between your PC and the R1. You don't need Internet to access the UI.

Also turn the WiFi off on your PC.

Can you now access the R1? If not, please run ipconfig again and post results here.

Thanks for your replies! Turns out it was an issue with my modem's DHCP randomly taking precedence. I did a factory reset of both the R1 and my modem, and now I get the correct IP.

To answer your question about whether I could access the UI by sole connection to the R1, no I could not. I did that when I was doing the upgrade to DumaOS, but after this started happening, the page became inaccessible completely, and the R1 wasn't allocating IP's at all. I don't have an ipconfig screenshot from that stage, but I do remember there not being a DHCP server or Default Gateway listed, and it gave me a random autoconfiguration IPv4 address.