Wake On Lan

I think it would be a nice feature to have a built in wake on LAN within the DumaOS device map.

The way I could see it working is if the device type is set to PC and it is in the offline section when you click on the device it could show the option to Wake Up. The router could then send a magic packet destined for the computers MAC address and if properly configured the PC would power on.

• Netduma Staff
14 minutes ago, markdeacon said:

I think it would be a nice feature to have a built in wake on LAN within the DumaOS device map.

The way I could see it working is if the device type is set to PC and it is in the offline section when you click on the device it could show the option to Wake Up. The router could then send a magic packet destined for the computers MAC address and if properly configured the PC would power on.

Hi Mark, welcome to the forum! Cool suggestion, thanks for letting us know this is something you'd like to see. We've got tonnes of stuff on our roadmap, and wake on LAN is now on the list. Out of curiosity, how would you use this feature? What's the advantage of being able to turn on your PC in this way? Thanks!

I sometimes like to access my gaming PC from work but I don't want to leave it switched on 24/7. It's useful for checking things, starting updates/game downloads while I'm at work so they are ready for when I get in.

My old router had wake on LAN built in. I can open ports to make WOL available externally but I quite liked the built in option from my old router.

Is there a copy of the roadmap published anywhere that I can view as I am very interested in the future of DumaOS.

• Netduma Staff
4 hours ago, markdeacon said:

I sometimes like to access my gaming PC from work but I don't want to leave it switched on 24/7. It's useful for checking things, starting updates/game downloads while I'm at work so they are ready for when I get in.

My old router had wake on LAN built in. I can open ports to make WOL available externally but I quite liked the built in option from my old router.

Is there a copy of the roadmap published anywhere that I can view as I am very interested in the future of DumaOS.

Keep an eye out for news on that... We're soon to be releasing a public roadmap with the biggest features we're currently working on. This kind of communication is something we hope to grow over time.

Thanks for letting us know what you'd use it for - interesting stuff. I know a few other people have suggested a Wake on LAN feature before so maybe this will make it to DumaOS one day!

• 4 weeks later...