Xr500 wifi support

Hello All,

Setup

router: xr500 with latest firmware

modem : cm1000

smart connect enabled  

isp: comcast 400 mbps down/ 20mpbs up

i have noticed ever since i got this router back in August that my wifi devices would intermittently disconnect and i also been seening in network map as well. Has anyone else noticed this. The wifi devices are apple iphone8, xs ipad air 2, lenevo yogo pro 3, apple watch series 0, asus gsx 74, and apple tv. It’s more annoying than anything else cause it only a few seconds but i was wondering if anyone else had similar issues and if they were able to resolve it. 

• Netduma Staff
1 hour ago, rammo said:

Hello All,

Setup

router: xr500 with latest firmware

modem : cm1000

smart connect enabled  

isp: comcast 400 mbps down/ 20mpbs up

i have noticed ever since i got this router back in August that my wifi devices would intermittently disconnect and i also been seening in network map as well. Has anyone else noticed this. The wifi devices are apple iphone8, xs ipad air 2, lenevo yogo pro 3, apple watch series 0, asus gsx 74, and apple tv. It’s more annoying than anything else cause it only a few seconds but i was wondering if anyone else had similar issues and if they were able to resolve it. 

Hi, welcome to the forum! Does this happen when these devices are connected straight to your modem? It's interesting that all the devices you're experiencing issues on are Apple products (aside from that Asus). Maybe there's a correlation there - do you have any Android devices experiencing this issue?

I know someone in the past found that their modem was blocking Google DNS servers, causing all his android devices to appear as though their Internet was down since apps like Google Play wouldn't load properly.

Have you set up a static IP for anything?

The thing is it’s intermittent i do not have any android devices on my network long enough to see any issues. The only static route i have setup is ps4. I have android tv which has no issues but both tv and ps4 are hardwired.  I can try to hardwire apple tv and see if it resolves the issue. But i wan wondering if any one else has or heard it. I can look into dns thing but to my knowledge it’s not blocking and dns servers