IP Fragmentation issue on PS4

Guest Killhippie

Guest Killhippie

Well this issue is still ongoing, doing a speedtest on the pS4 it takes almost 20 seconds to determine the Nat type. This triggers the "the router in use may not support ip packet fragmentation, some ps4 features may not be available" Looking on Netgear support i have noticed someone else with this issue too, its a real pain as earlier firmware versions did not have this issue, and I have seen a few people on here having the same issue.

https://community.netgear.com/t5/Nighthawk-Pro-Gaming-Routers/xr500-ip-fragmentation-ps4/m-p/1655146#M4819

Guest Killhippie
11 minutes ago, Netduma Jack said:

Thanks for reporting this issue, you're a star! It might be one for Netgear to look into, but either way we'll find out.

Have to say, jack i'm pretty disappointed in the current state of the XR500 and its not from your end, Netgear should be releasing hotfixes, for things like manual prioritisation, getting the speedtest to work, the continued UPnP issues for some (Browser bug maybe, who knows)  and now the XR700 is released with Hybrid VPN and the XR500 hasn't got it, so Netgear fragmented DumaOS. Oh and  the / symbol is counted as two digits not one in a ASCII passwords. All this has been reported to netgear, but this should not be the way this router is running at 8 months since release. I would like to know how many of the current XR500 faults at present are actually found in the XR700. You guys are great, Netgear right now not my favourite manufacturer I have to say, they are just to slow at fixing issues in a timely manner for my liking.

17 hours ago, Killhippie said:

Have to say, jack i'm pretty disappointed in the current state of the XR500 and its not from your end, Netgear should be releasing hotfixes, for things like manual prioritisation, getting the speedtest to work, the continued UPnP issues for some (Browser bug maybe, who knows)  and now the XR700 is released with Hybrid VPN and the XR500 hasn't got it, so Netgear fragmented DumaOS. Oh and  the / symbol is counted as two digits not one in a ASCII passwords. All this has been reported to netgear, but this should not be the way this router is running at 8 months since release. I would like to know how many of the current XR500 faults at present are actually found in the XR700. You guys are great, Netgear right now not my favourite manufacturer I have to say, they are just to slow at fixing issues in a timely manner for my liking.

This is the first time I've ever heard about netduma or the R1. Congratulations on making a awesome product. Unfortunately netgear is not good at taking care of products. These problems exist in past models even without dumaOS. After all the smoke and mirrors are discovered in the magic show they put on we the consumers are left with the short end of the stick. Time will tell. I hope netduma will make a stand alone product of their own. "R2" with everything taken into account but actually handled correctly. Wait until 8 months go by for the XR700. I figured things would be different with an outside hand in the mix but netgear appears to running in circles after itself. Use Google to search speed issues with netgear products and you will see for yourself. I hope they fix it but I doubt they will at the moment. 

Guest Killhippie
12 hours ago, Netduma Fraser said:

Did you try the beta firmware I provided? Is it still present on that version?

You didn't provide me with any Beta firmware, Fraser. We were testing UPnP.

Guest Killhippie
1 hour ago, crunkjuice1 said:

This is the first time I've ever heard about netduma or the R1. Congratulations on making a awesome product. Unfortunately netgear is not good at taking care of products. These problems exist in past models even without dumaOS. After all the smoke and mirrors are discovered in the magic show they put on we the consumers are left with the short end of the stick. Time will tell. I hope netduma will make a stand alone product of their own. "R2" with everything taken into account but actually handled correctly. Wait until 8 months go by for the XR700. I figured things would be different with an outside hand in the mix but netgear appears to running in circles after itself. Use Google to search speed issues with netgear products and you will see for yourself. I hope they fix it but I doubt they will at the moment. 

The issues will get fixed, having the right place to report things helps and that gets though to were it needs to be. Also the Netduma guys will always report stuff too.

Guest Killhippie
On 10/24/2018 at 7:55 AM, Killhippie said:

You didn't provide me with any Beta firmware, Fraser. We were testing UPnP.

Loaded it after some thought and nothing was fixed in the UPnP tables view though, Fraser.

• Administrators
8 hours ago, Killhippie said:

Loaded it after some thought and nothing was fixed in the UPnP tables view though, Fraser.

Ok, thanks for testing and letting us know. We have passed it onto NG.

3 minutes ago, JimPaps said:

May I have the beta too

Sent

Guest Killhippie
16 hours ago, Netduma Admin said:

Ok, thanks for testing and letting us know. We have passed it onto NG.

Sent

Feels like the XR700 will get that fixed first. Sorry just have a bad taste in my mouth that something like Hybrid VPN was released on  a separate update for the XR700 and not the XR500, its not like the XR500 hasnt got the horsepower, or that we were promised this in March! Anyway thanks for your help with this as always.

1 hour ago, Netduma Fraser said:

Je pense que c'est juste un cas du XR500 n'a pas eu une mise à jour depuis un peu, donc le prochain devrait rattraper pas mal de chemin en théorie

Espérons..... 

Guest Killhippie
18 hours ago, Netduma Fraser said:

I think its just a case of the XR500 hasn't had an update for a bit so the next one should catch up quite a ways in theory

Last update was September for XR500 so cant see one coming until November at the earliest some time, really hope this fragmentation does not continue.