ERROR - The lobby is not joinable

skschatzman

4 hours ago, pollutionblues said:

It will be available on all routers but Netgear control the timings for XR500/XR700

I'm well aware that. I asked if they were going to release the R1 update along with the xr500/700. Meaning are they going to wait for Netgear to approve/release the update.

• Netduma Staff
12 hours ago, xolhid said:

I'm well aware that. I asked if they were going to release the R1 update along with the xr500/700. Meaning are they going to wait for Netgear to approve/release the update.

Nope! It's on the R1 as of last night. Our hope is that one day these upgrades can roll out at the same time for everyone, but for now that can't realistically be the case.

Are you on the R1 version? If so, I hope you enjoy Milestone 1.3 :)

Here's what I think the issue is. I believe that Treyarch is checking matchmaking servers based on some criteria that doesn't limit those checks to local servers (possibly a way to screw with the NetDuma product directly, they had a Reddit post saying that blocking servers "leads you down a bad path".).  If you have a geofence set up and it decides to check a matchmaking server outside of the geofence, you will get bounced. I've been able to limit this issue (not totally prevent it) by doing the following:

1. Set my geofence and then log into the game
  2. Attempt to join a game - if it works, great. If not, continue ->
  3. When you drop to main menu, a blocked server will show on the map in the geo-filter
  4. Click on that server, name it something (I use city and the word matchmaking variants) and allow that server
  5. Go back to step 2

It may show a server in the same location multiple times when you get dropped, just click and allow it as described above. I think there's a 2 minute lag before the Duma will allow the server, so be a little patient.  After you get a few of these allowed, things will get much better and you will have fewer and fewer drops and find more and more games.  Don't worry that you are allowing servers outside of your geofence, I've never wound up hosted on these servers, they've always been strictly for matchmaking.

I am a single datapoint, but it wants to have me match-make in Miami which is such a crappy game server for me (even though its the closest cluster) because it picks up people from thousands of miles away. That's why I geofence Miami outside of my circle so I can get Atlanta and therefore better lobbies. Evidently Treyarch has a matchmaking cluster and game server cluster there. They are separate and even though I allowed those servers, I never get games there. 

It looks to me like it tries to go a key server to you to do matchmaking, and then to a secondary to check. For me the secondary is the closest server to me, but I have it fenced out.  I'd bet they are checking two servers to try to catch people who are trying to "beat" their matchmaking algorithms using the NetDuma.

Like I said, the last part is pure speculation, but the instructions I gave above have mostly fixed the issue above, unless it tries to grab a server that I haven't added to the allow list. 95% of my games are just fine after 3 days of doing this.

This is not a NetDuma-caused issue, its a Treyarch-caused issue. NetDuma needs to quickly find those matchmaking servers and get them added to the cloud - that's their part of fixing the problem.  A bit of a cat and mouse game started by Treyarch.

• Netduma Staff

Looks like a Treyarch hot-fix last night should have fixed these issues. Hurrah!

I'd recommend not reading too much into it - speculation like this leads you down a bad path. The Geo-Filter doesn't hinder any players experience, so there's no reason why any game developer would take issue with it. We're working on a cloud update, but as evidenced by how much better the game plays after the latest Treyarch fixes, our cloud update isn't that vital for the functionality of the game.

• 2 months later...

Hi all,

First post so go easy 😉

I am still having this issue with regards to connecting to Black Ops 4 games.  I am attempting to connect to a game right now, from the UK as I type.  And on the first two attempts, after a cloud flush I might add, I did not connect to a game.  For reference it is 17:37 here and as such prime time for gaming, at least for a week day so there should not be a lack of players or lobbies.  Yet. it took me three attempts to connect and when I do it's showing a peer host in or around the London area (where I am based).

I have the XR500 and I have heard, in this thread, that downgrading the software corrects a number of these issues but is that a DumaOs thing or specific to the R1?

If it can be done, and truly fixes this issue (can someone confirm?) then what is the best way to go about it?  I have read the instructions here  http://support.netduma.com/support/solutions/articles/16000087578-upgrading-to-a-newer-version-of-dumaos-on-the-netduma-r1 but no.3 on that list isn't possible as the 'clock' is always greyed out on my OS.  Please can someone advise how to go about this.  Thanks.

• Administrators

Hey, welcome to the forum!

When the issue occurs do you see anything at all happening on the map? Anything being blocked? What are your Geo-Filter settings?

That is just for the R1 so not something that could potentially help you, though you could try downgrading to a previous XR500 version if you wanted but I don't think that will help.

Hi Fraser,

Yes I often see one of a few things.  Most often I'll see a Peer server in Greece appear before disconnecting from the search.  I often see the attached (that server furthest South is surely a London dedicated server but comes up as 'Peer').

And sometimes I'll see the Dedicated server in Ireland (also on the attached) ping.

The 'Denied' servers show in the attached are all the Greek servers (peer) that I have previously blocked.

Duma.jpg

• Administrators

Thanks for the screenshot that actually helped a lot. Those servers you have denied are actually Choopa dedicated servers located in England. They are misclassified as peers and mislocated in Greece so I'd recommend you first copy all of the IDs and provide those to us so we can correct them and then delete all those entries, enable Ping Assist then you should have no problem getting games. 

1 hour ago, Netduma Fraser said:

Thanks for the screenshot that actually helped a lot. Those servers you have denied are actually Choopa dedicated servers located in England. They are misclassified as peers and mislocated in Greece so I'd recommend you first copy all of the IDs and provide those to us so we can correct them and then delete all those entries, enable Ping Assist then you should have no problem getting games. 

Really?  Well this is awkward.  Still though when they are appearing in Greece that was my immediate reaction I.E. to deny them.  So I should enable them all?

As for the broader issue?

Additionally see attached all servers I've blocked.

Capture.JPG

• Administrators
38 minutes ago, Greedyfly said:

Really?  Well this is awkward.  Still though when they are appearing in Greece that was my immediate reaction I.E. to deny them.  So I should enable them all?

As for the broader issue?

Additionally see attached all servers I've blocked.

They're just misplaced/classified in our cloud. That can happen sometimes but now you've provided the screenshot of the IDs (thanks), I've passed it on to the team to correct them. Yes delete them all from there and enable Ping Assist to ensure that any that are misplaced you get connected to while still blocking servers that could be that far away/bad ping.

29 minutes ago, Netduma Fraser said:

They're just misplaced/classified in our cloud. That can happen sometimes but now you've provided the screenshot of the IDs (thanks), I've passed it on to the team to correct them. Yes delete them all from there and enable Ping Assist to ensure that any that are misplaced you get connected to while still blocking servers that could be that far away/bad ping.

My pleasure, glad I could help.

With regards to "Ping Assist", do you mean "Auto Ping"?  If you did genuinely mean Ping Assist to what number would you recommend setting it?

• Administrators

I mean't ping assist, it's really dependent on your base ping (can find out by doing speedtest.net to your closest server while nothing on your network is using the internet) then adding about 20ms to that. I would normally suggest 30ms to start if you don't do what I just mentioned.

• 2 weeks later...

Me again.  Would anyone have any idea why it appears as though these two connections are being 'allowed' despite being clearly outside my filter?

Also over the last few days I am getting a lot of "Connection interrupted" lag spikes in game has something changed?

image.png.eaa07daed35cb043b05ea0bfd024a366.png

5 minutes ago, Netduma Fraser said:

That's because they're being Ping Assisted.

Nothing on our end would impact your connection directly like that. Do you see anything being blocked on the Geo-Filter when it happens, are you using QoS?

Nope just that they come up regularly.  

So does this mean they are connecting to a server near me or that I am connecting to them?  Either way is this something that is negatively impacting my experience?

• 1 year later...