ERROR - The lobby is not joinable

skschatzman

I have never had issues joining game sessions in any previous COD game. Yet about 60-70% of the time I get booted back to the loading screen in BO4 with this error message. The only way I can prevent this from happening is by either turning off the Geo-Filter or by increasing the radius to over 1000 miles. I only want to connect to Dallas dedicated servers as any other server increases my latency by 60+ and that is unacceptable. When are you guys going to fix this?

• Administrators

You need to set your filter up over your favourite area (Dallas in this case), and then reboot the game. Do NOT make changes while the game is online, it seems to confuse it.

When you boot up, it will ping every server and see that you only want Dallas. So it'll then keep giving you this game after game.

4 hours ago, Netduma Admin said:

You need to set your filter up over your favourite area (Dallas in this case), and then reboot the game. Do NOT make changes while the game is online, it seems to confuse it.

When you boot up, it will ping every server and see that you only want Dallas. So it'll then keep giving you this game after game.

No offense, but I am tech savvy and have had my R1 for over 3 years. I know how the geo-filter works, so your suggestion was not overlooked. Instead of telling people what to do and dumb it down like I'm a 5 year old, why not ask instead? I would feel a lot better about your approach if you had just asked instead of assuming I had no clue.

1 hour ago, Netduma Fraser said:

Do you see anything blocked when you get kicked?

I keep getting blocked pings outside of my Geo-filter range of 750 miles. I had it set to 500 miles with no issues on all previous COD games. I feel 750 is more than generous, so I shouldn't be having this issue. I see blocked pings all over the map, not just in the U.S.

• Administrators
50 minutes ago, xolhid said:

I keep getting blocked pings outside of my Geo-filter range of 750 miles. I had it set to 500 miles with no issues on all previous COD games. I feel 750 is more than generous, so I shouldn't be having this issue. I see blocked pings all over the map, not just in the U.S.

If you can just find the one that appears when you get kicked then please provide the ID

24 minutes ago, StreakzTV said:

no,i even cleared all blocked/allowed and then only blocked that one server and it still tries

Can you provide the ID please

• Netduma Staff
2 hours ago, 0ops_sorry said:

same over here any fixs ?

I've replied to your thread - maybe some folks will have advice for you, but it might be a case of waiting until the servers become more stable!

On 10/21/2018 at 12:06 PM, Netduma Admin said:

It's a constant issue.  Doesn't matter if you make changes or not. 

For me,  BO4 on PS4 will frequently try to connect me to dedicated servers that are outside my Geo-Filter.  I live in Atlanta, GA and I believe there is a dedicated server in Atlanta, GA (same as CoD WW2).  I can set my Geo-Filter much wider than I did with CoD WW2 but it will still avoid the Atlanta dedicated server (unlike WW2).  However, the Atlanta server appears as a peer in the Geo-Filter so not sure if this contributes to the issue.  The dedicated servers it tries to connect me to are all over the place (IIRC Kansas, Illinois, I think New Jersey, and Utah.)

from my own experience, if you set your geo filter to the nearest server but you put your pint too low it wont connect to lobbies, you need to set your radius to a nearest server but the ping needs to be higher than 40ms on the duma , if your in game ping is 50+/80 thats normal for everyone even high 90s and 100s. the problem is not duma is the servers they are overloaded and so if u set your duma to connect to servers lower than 40 it wont find any . if u test the ping of the server near you itll come out low , but u cant take a duma ping test as your in game ping because thats not your real ping when u play it only works as a reference and its not reliable.

4 minutes ago, Javii said:

from my own experience, if you set your geo filter to the nearest server but you put your pint too low it wont connect to lobbies, you need to set your radius to a nearest server but the ping needs to be higher than 40ms on the duma , if your in game ping is 50+/80 thats normal for everyone even high 90s and 100s. the problem is not duma is the servers they are overloaded and so if u set your duma to connect to servers lower than 40 it wont find any . if u test the ping of the server near you itll come out low , but u cant take a duma ping test as your in game ping because thats not your real ping when u play it only works as a reference and its not reliable.

That may be relevant for the R1 but I don't believe ping assist has been added to DumaOS yet.

• Administrators

Ping assist is not on DumaOS yet, it is being developed and we are making it even more effective. 

Its vital you set your Geo-Filter up and then boot the game. Don’t make changes during the game. 

4 hours ago, Netduma Admin said:

Its vital you set your Geo-Filter up and then boot the game. Don’t make changes during the game. 

You guys keep saying this, but it literally has no effect. The game will still try to connect to a server outside of the Geo-filter range no matter the order of how I boot up. I get this error constantly. Sometimes it can take upwards of 20 tries before I get into a game. I even factory reset my router and set everything up again just in case there was a glitch. No dice. My Geo-filter is centered over Dallas TX with a radius set at 800 miles. If I boost it to 1000+, then the errors are less severe, but still occur. The only way I can stop this from happening is to completely turn off the Geo-filter, which defeats the main purpose of the router.

I know I said this before, but just to emphasize. In all other previous COD titles, I had the same Geo-filter centered over Dallas TX with a radius of only 500 miles and never once received an error. Games queued up fast!

Edit: Also, why are lobby players no longer listed on the Geo-filter map? This worked on all previous COD games...

• Netduma Staff
11 hours ago, xolhid said:

You guys keep saying this, but it literally has no effect. The game will still try to connect to a server outside of the Geo-filter range no matter the order of how I boot up. I get this error constantly. Sometimes it can take upwards of 20 tries before I get into a game. I even factory reset my router and set everything up again just in case there was a glitch. No dice. My Geo-filter is centered over Dallas TX with a radius set at 800 miles. If I boost it to 1000+, then the errors are less severe, but still occur. The only way I can stop this from happening is to completely turn off the Geo-filter, which defeats the main purpose of the router.

I know I said this before, but just to emphasize. In all other previous COD titles, I had the same Geo-filter centered over Dallas TX with a radius of only 500 miles and never once received an error. Games queued up fast!

Edit: Also, why are lobby players no longer listed on the Geo-filter map? This worked on all previous COD games...

To answer your last point there briefly - every other CoD game revealed the IP of other players in the game. Many people believe Black Ops 4 is the first CoD to mask their IP's, meaning only the server will show up on the Geo-Filter. Maybe this is a measure to protect players against DoS attacks or the likes, I'm not sure. The Geo-Filter will still work exactly the same, you just won't be able to see other players unless the situation changes.

As for your error message, this one is extremely rare - we aren't seeing anyone else reporting it. It'll likely be a phenomenon related to where you're located in conjunction to the Black Ops 4 servers, but there's still things you can do to solve it. Now I wouldn't recommend adding every blocked server you see to your Allow list, but the likelihood is something (whether a background matchmaking server, NAT server or otherwise) is being blocked by the Geo-Filter and causing this error. Background servers tend to be further away since their ping doesn't affect gameplay.

If you're seeing blocked dedicated servers when you get that error message, try adding them to the Allow list. I guarantee you that adding one or two of them would solve your error - it's just finding out which one to add that's the issue.

We're working on a cloud update and thoroughly testing Black Ops 4, so it shouldn't be long before these issues are ironed out. I hope this helps!

I just wanted to sprinkle a bit of positivity on this subject. I had my R1 (with Beta DumaOS) in spectate mode and my PS4 was connected to a server in Los Angeles (according the map) and I live in London (approx 8,800KM away)!, I had >120ms ping (I have no idea why Treyarch / Activision would ever think this is acceptable) and was getting melted in BO4 by the enemies. I tried to change the settings with the game live to filter mode and I kept getting the "lobby not joinable" erroror.

As suggested by Fraser & Jack, I put the PS4 into "Rest Mode" then changed the settings and the turned the PS4 on and reloaded the game and boom - immediately connected to a local server with a silky smooth 26ms ping. KD in the next game back to >2.5 and I'm back to being a happy camper :-)

1382683990_inaloby.thumb.JPG.26b3e1c4f62f9f229cdd390128fcf203.JPG