Anytime I have my XR500 router connected, everything as far as internet works fine. Getting into Black Ops 4 works fine. Open NAT on Xbox and in Black Ops 4. But once I try to start a game it boots me out. Not super technical. But if I take the Geo filter and move it from 400mi to 1200mi it doesn’t make a difference, can’t connect to a game. But if I delete the device I’m filtering (Xbox one) it works fine. I may be doing something incorrect but I don’t think I am. Any help would be great. Thanks

What happens if you set the geofilter to max range? Does it work?

If so you just need to look at where the servers you're connecting to are located. Do this in the geofilter. Set your range and location accordingly. You may not have any servers in range of your current settings.

If not, reboot everything and try again. If not, try a reset on the router.

• Administrators

Could you follow this guide please. The most important thing is to set your Filter up around your favourite server before booting up the game:

http://forum.netduma.com/topic/26344-black-ops-4-support/?do=findComment&comment=192928

• 2 weeks later...
  • Administrators

If you have it set to 1500 miles, what do you see when you boot up the game? There should be a short period where you will see a lot of triangles all around the world, but within your range should be rectangles (unblocked servers).

If you can take a screenshot at this moment and post here that would be really helpful. Thanks.

• 3 weeks later...

Sorry for delayed response.

No matter the size of filter the dedicated servers pop up in virginia and new jersey but then disappear. Im not sure if they are supposed to stay shown or not. I still have trouble finding a game with the geo filter set this large but can pretty consistantly. But when playing with friends ( all who live within 20 miles of me ) it makes it so much worse. 

In this picture i have 0 servers blocked and call of duty running

There are servers within 250 miles from me in two different locations. But for whatever reason they dont seem to connect to them when i have the geo filter on the standard call of duty geo setting ( like 550 miles ) or anything under 700-800

screenshot.png

• Administrators

Thanks for the update. Is it always like this, or just some of the time?

The reason I ask is the game does a crucial network check when you boot up the game. It pings all the dedicated servers in the game and every server that your Geo-Filter blocks will no longer be chosen by the game to host any match you play. So if a server is inside your range normally but then is mislocated occasionally is mistakenly blocked, it could result in poor games.