XR500 / Black ops ping spikes/ miami / georgia server

Macabi83

PING.thumb.PNG.627eeae4aeb0cf0179d3035617513a34.PNG

Not sure what it is, but my connection is fine, but on this black ops 4 its horrible and bearable the lag I am getting, I have tried just about anything with the xr500, about to sale it off. 

During the game my ping says any where from 50-60ms.

Give it a few more days man. The game is new and the server locations are all messed up. I'm in NYC and my normal dedi is the NJ/NY server. Yet the past 2 days I haven't gotten that server once. The map shows that I"m on that dedi but I'm actually connecting to Cali servers which are 70-80ms pings.  

Pub, I set my location over to your area and them servers are better right now to my local ones down in Miami, its higher ping but smoother one, I played like 10 matches by my self and its allot hell better. the one in miami gets all the south Americans connecting to it, since closest server, lag fest right now.

• Netduma Staff
8 hours ago, Macabi83 said:

Pub, I set my location over to your area and them servers are better right now to my local ones down in Miami, its higher ping but smoother one, I played like 10 matches by my self and its allot hell better. the one in miami gets all the south Americans connecting to it, since closest server, lag fest right now.

When you get frustrated with this, just remember: The XR500 is a tool, which effectively gives you complete control over the situation.

If the situation itself is bad though, the tool won't necessarily be able to make it better unless the situation is sorted out. Black Ops 4 is really bad to play on at this time - it's the biggest CoD launch in a long time and the sheer number of players have annihilated the servers.

There's ways to improve it like you've found - some servers are getting it worse than others. We'll soon be releasing a cloud update just to account for some new servers CoD has added to the mix, but ultimately you'll just need to wait a few weeks for CoD to balance out!

You're not wrong. It has been happening to me forever with cod games. Battlefield fine, titanfall fine etc. I played on Miami some today and had my share of BS moments. In Alabama and consistently get put all over the place. Funny thing though is the further away the better it plays. It's so weird.

On 10/19/2018 at 12:27 PM, Netduma Jack said:

When you get frustrated with this, just remember: The XR500 is a tool, which effectively gives you complete control over the situation.

If the situation itself is bad though, the tool won't necessarily be able to make it better unless the situation is sorted out. Black Ops 4 is really bad to play on at this time - it's the biggest CoD launch in a long time and the sheer number of players have annihilated the servers.

There's ways to improve it like you've found - some servers are getting it worse than others. We'll soon be releasing a cloud update just to account for some new servers CoD has added to the mix, but ultimately you'll just need to wait a few weeks for CoD to balance out!

Is it possible that some of the dedicated servers are removed or closed?
in BO3 i was always on the Amsterdam Dedi but now it seems like its not working anymore

• Administrators
23 hours ago, Dutch-Nobody said:

Is it possible that some of the dedicated servers are removed or closed?
in BO3 i was always on the Amsterdam Dedi but now it seems like its not working anymore

Yes, it's definitely possible. In fact, it looks like Treyarch might be switching to more P2P matchmaking over the last few days. Probably to manage the load on their servers as the userbase expands.

• 1 month later...
On 10/21/2018 at 6:13 PM, Netduma Admin said:

Yes, it's definitely possible. In fact, it looks like Treyarch might be switching to more P2P matchmaking over the last few days. Probably to manage the load on their servers as the userbase expands.

thnx! is there also a way to switch off P2P hosts and only acces dedi hosts on my duma?

45 minutes ago, Dutch-Nobody said:

thnx! is there also a way to switch off P2P hosts and only acces dedi hosts on my duma?

Only if you place your location directly over the dedi, set strict mode, turn off ping assist and disable fast search. Shrink your radius also.

3 hours ago, BIG__DOG said:

Only if you place your location directly over the dedi, set strict mode, turn off ping assist and disable fast search. Shrink your radius also.

i used to do this all the time, but still it connects rarely to a dedi server unfortunately.