XR500

Hello, 

Issue:

1) - My region is India ........ but Router time is in UTC .. even if i change time zone in content filtering --> schedule .. router time stays in UTC ................... so i would like to know if there any way to change router timezone to my home timezone ?

2) - I have Huawei EchoLife HG8145V GPON ONT  lets say when i set ONT to dial connection( not in bridged mode)   and set DHCP to give specific DNS..................after reset XR500 .. than go through quick setting ......... XR500 fails speed test in setup wizard ............................... ( this issue only appear when modem is set to give specific DNS like cloud fare  or google ) 

Feature Request

1) - Enable HT160 in India Region  ( Option is grayed out ) 
2) - Enable to set WAN Static IP from  Smart Setup Wizard in starting 

My OS - Windows 10 
My Wi-Fi card - Intel Wireless-AC 9560

• Administrators

Hello and welcome to the forum!

Issue 1 - I have never heard of this before. I just checked on my router and it definitely updates. What version are you on? (Click the 'i' with a circle around it in the top right hand corner). If it is not V2.3.2.32, could you upgrade here: http://www.downloads.netgear.com/files/GDC/XR500/XR500-V2.3.2.32.zip

If you are on latest firmware and it's not working, could you please contact NETGEAR support as this is their code. They will then investigate your issue: https://www.netgear.com/support/contact.aspx

Issue 2 - is it failing speed test because you have no Internet connection at all? What is the use case for configuring it like this? This is also NETGEAR code so I recommend you contact them for further help (https://www.netgear.com/support/contact.aspx)

Please also share the feature requests with NETGEAR, hearing from users is helpful for them.

Thanks.

Thank You, for quick reply .... 

Issue 1 - I'm sharing screenshot what i'm talking ... 

Issue 2 - Internet Connection is Detected , just speed test fails .... it goes ahead  fine

I will  also contact Netgear regarding this ...................thank you  Netduma 

Screenshot_1.png

Screenshot_3.png

ummm no look at second screenshot ............. under System Info -->  Router Time - Thu Oct 18 21:44:07 UTC 2018

time in my timezone is -> Fri Oct 19 , 03:14 AM ....... when second screenshot is taken 

that's where router timezone not match my home timezone ? or it's normal ? 

• Administrators
7 hours ago, ryfg said:

ummm no look at second screenshot ............. under System Info -->  Router Time - Thu Oct 18 21:44:07 UTC 2018

time in my timezone is -> Fri Oct 19 , 03:14 AM ....... when second screenshot is taken 

that's where router timezone not match my home timezone ? or it's normal ? 

Ah I see now, my mistake. I just compared the first screenshot where the router time matched.

This is not actually a bug - System Information always shows the time in UTC, no matter where you are located. The router time used in content filtering - which is the only feature that needs the local time - has been successfully updated to your location.

I can see why, cosmetically, this is confusing so we can look into improving this in future.

Guest Killhippie
22 hours ago, Netduma Admin said:

Ah I see now, my mistake. I just compared the first screenshot where the router time matched.

This is not actually a bug - System Information always shows the time in UTC, no matter where you are located. The router time used in content filtering - which is the only feature that needs the local time - has been successfully updated to your location.

I can see why, cosmetically, this is confusing so we can look into improving this in future.

It would make more sense if the main dashboard showed the time in your own time zone not UTC. I always wondered what the point of showing UTC was anyway?

• Administrators

That's a fair point - the page is mostly just to show general info so we wanted to also display the UTC time according to the router. But local time makes more sense so we'll look into tweaking that.