Duma OS Download

DanielAlfred

• Netduma Staff
1 hour ago, raikun said:

Quick question, will we receive updated firmwares as well, or the download link was a one time thing?

If you sign up to the Beta using that forum, you'll receive the download link at some point in an email :)

Everyone is welcome to the DumaOS beta, and it'll last effectively forever I believe. Once you have DumaOS, it's yours forever!

Ive Been waiting for over a week now for the email link,  Can someone just send me the file?  Whats the difference where i receive the file?  Ive signed up, They would send the same file that anyone that has it can lol, Please someone help me out! Been waiting for over 2 years for this.

• Administrators
18 hours ago, Lyncho84 said:

I received my email but can't do the update through my phone....?

Please use a PC to upgrade

18 hours ago, IGotzPotatoAim said:

Ive Been waiting for over a week now for the email link,  Can someone just send me the file?  Whats the difference where i receive the file?  Ive signed up, They would send the same file that anyone that has it can lol, Please someone help me out! Been waiting for over 2 years for this.

Appreciate it is frustrating having to wait - but we are really working through the list efficiently and safely (more emails went out this morning). 

Hopefully you won't be waiting much longer.

• 2 months later...
  • Administrators

Hi - you install it onto your Netduma R1 - follow the instructions in the email you received. The instructions are here too:

http://support.netduma.com/support/solutions/articles/16000085793-upgrading-your-netduma-r1-to-dumaos-from-the-original-r1-firmware

Its best to access the interface through a browser like Chrome or Firefox. 

• 1 year later...
On 10/20/2018 at 8:14 AM, Netduma Admin said:

Please use a PC to upgrade

Appreciate it is frustrating having to wait - but we are really working through the list efficiently and safely (more emails went out this morning). 

Hopefully you won't be waiting much longer.

In reference to the "Please use pc to upgrade statement"

I do a lot of network monitoring through my galaxy s9+, which is how I upgraded my R1.  Everything seemed to work ok but should I downgrade and reupgrade with my pc instead? I know networking is full of minor intricacies so I didn't know if this would be beneficial.

Love what you guys are all about btw. Great product and without a doubt the best customer support/communication I've ever seen. It's obvious you guys give a shit and that goes a long way. Keep up the good work.

• Administrators
On 4/19/2020 at 9:08 PM, wuldyalukadis said:

In reference to the "Please use pc to upgrade statement"

I do a lot of network monitoring through my galaxy s9+, which is how I upgraded my R1.  Everything seemed to work ok but should I downgrade and reupgrade with my pc instead? I know networking is full of minor intricacies so I didn't know if this would be beneficial.

Love what you guys are all about btw. Great product and without a doubt the best customer support/communication I've ever seen. It's obvious you guys give a shit and that goes a long way. Keep up the good work.

Hey, welcome to the forum!

Thank you for the kind words! If you managed to upgrade successfully then no need to redo it on a PC. We advise that because it can be quite hard to do it on a mobile sometimes, also it will disconnect from the WiFi so if you don't reconnect manually you may not know if it worked properly. We also haven't optimized the interface for mobile which makes it more difficult.

• 2 weeks later...
On 4/21/2020 at 1:54 PM, Netduma Fraser said:

Hey, welcome to the forum!

Thank you for the kind words! If you managed to upgrade successfully then no need to redo it on a PC. We advise that because it can be quite hard to do it on a mobile sometimes, also it will disconnect from the WiFi so if you don't reconnect manually you may not know if it worked properly. We also haven't optimized the interface for mobile which makes it more difficult.

Seems to work really well on my samsung galaxy S9+ but I'm running opera browser so maybe that's the difference.