no internet

gile81

we recieved our router on tuesday and everything worked fine after setup. my husband changed some settings yesterday to optimize his gaming and since then we havent been able to connect to the internet through the netduma router. i have restored it back to factory settings to erase any changes and then followed the setup guide again with no luck, we still cannot connect. not happy at all

• Administrators

Hey gile, do you know what settings he may have changed? Can you see the Wifi broadcasting at all? Connecting to the router with an ethernet cable connected to a PC can you access the control panel?

i dont unfortunately and he doesnt remember which is why i restored it back to default settings. it is broadcasting but its not allowing me to connect at all i am currently having to access everything through the my sky hub

• Administrators

Did you use the reset at the back of the router? If so theres a factory reset button in settings > miscellaneous which is preferable to use :) Okay thats a good sign, can you connect to the R1 with an ethernet cable to your PC and access the control panel please. Can you also see if you have internet access when doing this :)

no i used the reset on the device webpage (using sky hub), no i have tried ethernet connection but it is treating it as a home network and not allowing access to the internet directly. i have also just had to take the ethernet cable out as it stopped allowing me to connect through my sky router also.

• Administrators

If its been completely isolated and just connecting to the router without the Sky connected it should be accessible. If there is a genuine fault we can issue a refund but it seems like its a resolvable issue. If you can try this guide please http://wiki.netduma.com/doku.php?id=can_t_access_the_router_home_pageif that doesn't work I'll talk to Iain about this issue and see how we can resolve it. 

ok i cant load that link either, when i try ipconfig nothing comes up the box wont even stay on the screen. and i cant check to see if dhcp in enabled or disabled if i cant load either page i have been sent links for!

• Administrators

Right so if you disconnect the R1 from the Sky hub completely and just have the power connected and an ethernet cable from port 2 of the R1 to your PC and go to 192.168.1.1 in your browser nothing shows up?

• Administrators

Okay I think I may know what the issue is, connect the R1 back to the Sky Hub and have the ethernet cable from the R1 into your PC. Then follow these steps to make sure you have automatic IP set http://wiki.netduma.com/doku.php?id=how_do_i_set_an_automatic_static_ipthe video is for Windows if thats the operating system you have. Once you've done that then try connecting to the R1 control panel by going to 192.168.88.1

Can you get an ipconfig output. To do it and get the screen to stay on you need to get a command prompt up first

So hit the start button and type cmd

In the command prompt type ipconfig

Also make sure the LAN cable from your PC goes to ports 2,3 or 4 on the R1 and the LAN cable from the sky box goes to port 1 ONLY

• Administrators

Okay I'll set out some instructions and we'll see how far its possible to get. 

With the R1 connected to the Sky Hub with an ethernet cable for the PoE port on R1 to Sky hub, unplug the PC if it is connected. 

Can you see the "Netduma R1" Wifi when you search for wifi? If not can you see the Wifi name you changed it to? e.g. 'Family Wifi' 

If you can see either of these Wifi names, which device cannot connect? Is it all of them?  Is this is the case you should be able to set an automatic IP with the instructions I gave. Once you've done this try accessing the control panel by going to 192.168.88.1 in your browser, if this doesn't work try http://R1 

Let me know if you can get this far :)

Archived