Router Inaccessible after Factory Reset

taconrad

I was having the same issue documented in the post below so I did the factory reset following the steps the OP did. I am unable to access the router to log in now. I tried connecting using the WIFI of my laptop and the units SN but no joy. I tried to access both 192.168.1.1 and 192.168.88.1 and no joy there either. Both IP's are unpingable. Thoughts?

• taconrad changed the title to Router Inaccessible after Factory Reset
8 minutes ago, Netduma Fraser said:

On the PC that is wired to the R1 open command prompt and type ipconfig and press enter. What is the gateway IP address?

I switched over to my MacBook Pro and was able to connect via wifi. The connection was already saved there prior so it connected successfully. Trying to set up a new connection on my windows 10 machine wouldn't connect via wifi. It wouldn't accept the serial number so the connection was refused. I am now able to get into DumaOS on my Mac.

• Administrators

This is the max you'll get with all features enabled. This is a limitation of the hardware.

If you would like higher speeds, could you do the following please:

1. Open the options on Anti-Bufferbloat (click the 'burger menu' in the top left corner of the panel)
  2. Check 'Disable QoS' and click proceed at the warning message
  3. In Network Settings, make sure IPv6 is disabled on both LAN and WAN
You should now get max speeds. The downside is you will lose the QoS feature, but at 300mbps you may not mind this.

10 hours ago, Netduma Admin said:

This is the max you'll get with all features enabled. This is a limitation of the hardware.

If you would like higher speeds, could you do the following please:

1. Open the options on Anti-Bufferbloat (click the 'burger menu' in the top left corner of the panel)
  2. Check 'Disable QoS' and click proceed at the warning message
  3. In Network Settings, make sure IPv6 is disabled on both LAN and WAN
You should now get max speeds. The downside is you will lose the QoS feature, but at 300mbps you may not mind this.

I still got the same speeds after making the above changes. Not complaining. Like I mentioned this is a dedicated router for gaming so I can live with 80+ down

• Netduma Staff
2 hours ago, taconrad said:

I still got the same speeds after making the above changes. Not complaining. Like I mentioned this is a dedicated router for gaming so I can live with 80+ down

Aye well games only use <0.5mbps bandwidth anyway. If what you're saying is you've only got gaming devices connected to the Netduma, you'll have an awesome experience on those speeds no problem. 80mbps down is the highest you could hope for over WiFi. Did you get the interface working on your PC?