XR500 instead of X10

Doubt IT

Hey guys I have the X10 and I’ve been debating on getting rid of my X10 for the XR500 would that be a smart move or dumb? I’m debating. Is the wireless any better on the XR500? I think my X10 is having some issues with streaming. Thanks all.

• Administrators

Hi  - welcome to the forum.

Both are great pieces of hardware that should be more than sufficient for your needs. The wireless on each is very strong.

The difference is our software, DumaOS. This has many unique features that will make a big difference to your connection. For one, it's likely that your issues with streaming are not with the wireless given you have a very powerful router, but instead with how your bandwidth is being used. DumaOS has Bandwidth Allocation which lets you give a lot of bandwidth to your favourite devices.

You can learn more about our features here: http://rapps.dumaos.com

Obviously my view, although I'm trying to be fair, is biased so by all means listen to what others have to say!

Thanks for the response!!

Yeah I'm just tied between the 2 because the hardware is id assume more powerful on my X10 being Quad core vs Dual, but yes its the software on the XR I want lol

So currently I do have QOS set for my XboxOneX and Apple TV to take the highest bandwidth, I have 2 iphones 7's on the network and 2 tv's, nothing crazy. I do play game COD, Ghost recon etc. I've been getting crappy Ping times on COD but I've also been reading there's something going on with that as well. Yesterday I went hardwired and the issues went away for the Ping levels and I was actually able to play haha, I know hardwired is where it needs to be but my house structure makes it a little hard right now. My Apple TV: when I try to stream with that NBA League pass the game constantly goes in and out and it drives me crazy, I haven't tried hardwired yet but id imagine id get the same result. So I don't know if there's an issue with the Router or its just not good enough ( Which I cant imagine ) but it happens I guess. So I picked up the XR500 maybe it'll do a better job?\

Modem - Arris SB8200 3.1

Internet

70 Down 6up

• Administrators

The biggest difference you'll see on a game like CoD is the XR500's Geo-Filter feature. It will guarantee you the sam dedicated server all session long, meaning you'll have a consistent, low ping.

You have a healthy amount of bandwidth, but not a massive amount, so Bandwidth Allocation will really help you to divide your bandwidth amongst the devices that need it the most.

Check out this page. It describes each feature you'll find on DumaOS (on the XR500) and there's a video you can play on each one if you prefer that: 

http://rapps.dumaos.com/

Yeah, I was messing with it but it sounds a little confusing, with my QOS there's no "slider" So id assume the Router ( X10 ) will calculate that for me or no? I'm not 100% sure how to set it up on the XR500 and like im doing something wrong I was just playing around with it. Id assume the x10 is more powerful vs the XR500 but lacks the software, does that mean I go for the XR700?

the new XR700 is the X10 but with DumaOS running on it and a new casing but the actual hardware is the same. I have both XR500 and XR700 and both are great routers.

• Administrators

All three routers are beast hardware, so I am sceptical you will see much performance difference between them based on your setup.

The QoS is easy to setup if you follow a guide. Please see this: http://support.netduma.com/support/solutions/articles/16000077073-dumaos-optimal-settings-guide-qos-step-3-