Whats the best way to start up the r1

22 hours ago, nunogsm said:

turn on ps4 and your r1, configure all as you want, congestion control, profiles, geo filter, strick, ping assist, trafic,,,,, and restart your ps4.

Oh your Saying turn on both then do the setup and then restart only the ps4 ok il try that thanks

• Netduma Staff
1 hour ago, Nunzio said:

Oh your Saying turn on both then do the setup and then restart only the ps4 ok il try that thanks

Hi Nunzio - welcome to the forum!

If you ever 'turn off' your Netduma (i.e unplug it) I wouldn't recommend doing that. I reckon you probably meant the Geo-Filter so I'll roll with that for now.

I recommend turning on your PS4, loading into the game and reaching the Multiplayer menu. At that point you should enable the Geo-Filter and search for a game.

If you do it like that you aren't risking the Geo-Filter blocking anything it shouldn't be blocking. It's rare, but while your PS4 is booting up (and if the Geo-Filter is on at that time) you risk blocking NAT, chat or background servers needed for PSN.

I hope this helps!

9 hours ago, Netduma Jack said:

Hi Nunzio - welcome to the forum!

If you ever 'turn off' your Netduma (i.e unplug it) I wouldn't recommend doing that. I reckon you probably meant the Geo-Filter so I'll roll with that for now.

I recommend turning on your PS4, loading into the game and reaching the Multiplayer menu. At that point you should enable the Geo-Filter and search for a game.

If you do it like that you aren't risking the Geo-Filter blocking anything it shouldn't be blocking. It's rare, but while your PS4 is booting up (and if the Geo-Filter is on at that time) you risk blocking NAT, chat or background servers needed for PSN.

I hope this helps!

Ok now i understand better now when to enable it thanks jack 

• Netduma Staff
11 hours ago, Nunzio said:

Ok now i understand better now when to enable it thanks jack 

No worries! If there's anything else you need a hand with just let us know. Always happy to help :)

• Netduma Staff
1 hour ago, Nunzio said:

Hi jack i wanted to know since i play destiny 2 is there a way to play it with strict mode on without getting booted out?

In my experience, not really. Destiny 2 is an exceptionally complex game on the networking side. If you turn strict mode on it can block matchmaking, chat or NAT servers needed for the game to function. These kinds of background D2 servers are mostly in America and Europe.

The thing is, the game doesn't account for a single thing being blocked unless you're playing Crucible (or potentially Gambit as well). If you're just running around in PVE and some background server gets blocked, that's an instant kick. I'd especially not run these kinds of risks in game modes like competitive or Trials where you can be penalised for leaving the game.

Try it out in Gambit or Crucible though, not much can go wrong there :)

1 hour ago, Netduma Jack said:

In my experience, not really. Destiny 2 is an exceptionally complex game on the networking side. If you turn strict mode on it can block matchmaking, chat or NAT servers needed for the game to function. These kinds of background D2 servers are mostly in America and Europe.

The thing is, the game doesn't account for a single thing being blocked unless you're playing Crucible (or potentially Gambit as well). If you're just running around in PVE and some background server gets blocked, that's an instant kick. I'd especially not run these kinds of risks in game modes like competitive or Trials where you can be penalised for leaving the game.

Try it out in Gambit or Crucible though, not much can go wrong there :)

Yeah the thing is when strict is on you get better games but it kicks you at a certain point