Giving up on the Duma (Destiny 2 PC)

I have been playing destination 2 since its launch in September 2017. From there, it has been the only game to which I dedicate my time. The PvE is very fun and with the changes that there are with the new DLC of Forsaken the game has improved a lot. Unfortunately, I can not say the same about PvP.

I have uploaded several issues in this forum for almost a year now desperately asking for help for a decent configuration for Destiny 2 on PC with the following issues:

* I always enter games with a minimum ping of 120 ms approximately.

*Horrible hit detection

*Most of the time, I lose almost all 1v1 gunfights.

* People teleporting

* Most, if not all, times I die long before the enemy player even makes the shooting animation.

* Basically the PvP is unplayable 

I bought the Duma router several years ago carrying the illusion that it was going to fix my lag problems, latency and things in general. My experience has been almost regularand  several times bad. I tried the Dum on Infinite Warfare, Black Ops 3 and Destiny 2 on PS4 and I saw no improvement. It is practically the same as using a cheap router.

I'm from Ecuador, South America, an area that is not surrounded by servers and I understand that this also affects my gaming experience, that's why Duma developers are not to blame and I also know that Bungie is disgusting in terms of gameplay in competitive but my problem is persistent and of concern since I have these problems 90% of the games in Destiny, 1 in 8 or 10 games are good for me.

I have a decent Internet, 50 down 50 up, Optic Fyber through a hub brand Calix model 813Gv2 and the configuration of my Duma is the one that I have recommended several times in this forum. I have a decent ping 20 ms on Google and a A+ Bufferbloat.

Unfortunately I have not had almost any help in this forum lately, I have tried several configurations for months and months and absolutely nothing seems to help my issue and i even tried Chive's config wich is almost the best config for Destiny, but not sure on PC.  It's a real shame because I put all my trust in this Duma and received very little help. That's why and much more than unfortunately I'm giving up to keep trying and trying and trying configurations to make my game more fluid.

• Netduma Staff

Hi Willow. I know you've had issues for a while, and we've tried to assist you and other South American players with issues as best we can. It's a really unfortunate situation.

I wish I could tell you that the Geo-Filter could solve your issue, but every server in South America seems unstable at best. If the game developers aren't going to improve their server infrastructure for South American players, there's not much that can be done. Your two choices both seem quite bad - you can either use the Geo-Filter to force a more stable server in another country, or you can use the Geo-Filter to connect in Brazil to the unstable servers located there.

The good news though is that the Geo-Filter actually gives you a choice. The game won't give you any control whatsoever - you wouldn't even be able to monitor your ping to the server, let alone control which one you connect to.

I would highly recommend signing up to the DumaOS beta here: netduma.com/r1-dumaos/. DumaOS itself will not immediately fix your issues, but we are determined and we're actually trying to give you a solution. We're working on some groundbreaking new gaming features for DumaOS which could actually make a difference to your experience. No other router company cares as much as we do - we're very much on the frontline here, and we know exactly why your issues are happening and what we can do to help.

If you feel like disconnecting your Netduma for the time being will help then by all means do so, but hang on to it and keep an eye on DumaOS. Now that feature development is starting up again, you could find that in the coming months a feature is released which improves your situation.

2 hours ago, Netduma Jack said:

Hi Willow. I know you've had issues for a while, and we've tried to assist you and other South American players with issues as best we can. It's a really unfortunate situation.

I wish I could tell you that the Geo-Filter could solve your issue, but every server in South America seems unstable at best. If the game developers aren't going to improve their server infrastructure for South American players, there's not much that can be done. Your two choices both seem quite bad - you can either use the Geo-Filter to force a more stable server in another country, or you can use the Geo-Filter to connect in Brazil to the unstable servers located there.

The good news though is that the Geo-Filter actually gives you a choice. The game won't give you any control whatsoever - you wouldn't even be able to monitor your ping to the server, let alone control which one you connect to.

I would highly recommend signing up to the DumaOS beta here: netduma.com/r1-dumaos/. DumaOS itself will not immediately fix your issues, but we are determined and we're actually trying to give you a solution. We're working on some groundbreaking new gaming features for DumaOS which could actually make a difference to your experience. No other router company cares as much as we do - we're very much on the frontline here, and we know exactly why your issues are happening and what we can do to help.

If you feel like disconnecting your Netduma for the time being will help then by all means do so, but hang on to it and keep an eye on DumaOS. Now that feature development is starting up again, you could find that in the coming months a feature is released which improves your situation.

Hi Jack, thanks for replying and the support all this time.

Sadly the game devs doesnt care about improving the server infrastructure on South America, thats why im always playing in US servers. Brazil's servers only benefit that country and certain regions of Argentina. I tried to connect to those servers with bad results (250 + ms) In my experience the closest server is on the state of Florida in US with 70 - 80 ms, (the lowest ping ive ever had) thats why i set the "home" icon in Florida with 70 ms in the Ping Assist with Geo Filter enbled (Fig 1). Sometimes the game is kinda decent but i got booted in the middle of the match by error "beaver"

Still, i wont stop playing the PvE game because its actually fun but im always struggling on the PvP. Im gonna give a try to the DumaOS, i guess there always be hope.

Fig 1.png

• Netduma Staff
On 10/16/2018 at 6:20 PM, thewilloxdiaz said:

Hi Jack, thanks for replying and the support all this time.

Sadly the game devs doesnt care about improving the server infrastructure on South America, thats why im always playing in US servers. Brazil's servers only benefit that country and certain regions of Argentina. I tried to connect to those servers with bad results (250 + ms) In my experience the closest server is on the state of Florida in US with 70 - 80 ms, (the lowest ping ive ever had) thats why i set the "home" icon in Florida with 70 ms in the Ping Assist with Geo Filter enbled (Fig 1). Sometimes the game is kinda decent but i got booted in the middle of the match by error "beaver"

Still, i wont stop playing the PvE game because its actually fun but im always struggling on the PvP. Im gonna give a try to the DumaOS, i guess there always be hope.

There's always hope - trust me when I say we're entering a new development stage. We'll be rolling out new gaming features that you'll have never seen before (and some for DumaOS like Ping Assist, which you have seen before!). I'm hopeful that in the future we're able to design a feature which further aids players in countries with less support from the game devs.

I'm also hopeful that some day you'll actually get decent servers popping up in South America, but that is of course down to the game devs themselves.

If there's any way you think we can help just let us know, and if you ever have an idea for a new feature which could improve your situation maybe drop it in the Feedback section on the forum!

On 10/18/2018 at 5:13 AM, Netduma Jack said:

There's always hope - trust me when I say we're entering a new development stage. We'll be rolling out new gaming features that you'll have never seen before (and some for DumaOS like Ping Assist, which you have seen before!). I'm hopeful that in the future we're able to design a feature which further aids players in countries with less support from the game devs.

I'm also hopeful that some day you'll actually get decent servers popping up in South America, but that is of course down to the game devs themselves.

If there's any way you think we can help just let us know, and if you ever have an idea for a new feature which could improve your situation maybe drop it in the Feedback section on the forum!

I already signed up to the DumaOs Beta. Now what should i do next?

• Netduma Staff
8 hours ago, thewilloxdiaz said:

I already signed up to the DumaOs Beta. Now what should i do next?

Now just keep an eye on your inbox. The upgrade is being rolled out in stages to ensure everything goes smoothly. (Upgrading the entire firmware on such an old router is risky - we need to make sure no routers are bricking / no issues are occurring).

Tons of people already have DumaOS - it won't be long before the upgrade is dropped in your inbox :)