Installing Netduma with existing Verizon Fios modem/router

So i bought the netduma a while ago, and hooked it up successfully.  I then disconnected it a while ago because a game i was playing was old and the player pool was very small.. Anyway I'm wondering if someone could help me out.  Now i bridged the verizon fios router/modem by disabling the wireless connection.  I was having issues where the netduma kept saying something about an existing router connected.  And my xbox was on strict for some reason.  Any ideas what im doing wrong?

• Netduma Staff

We've got folks using Verizon and managed to get it to work so I'm confident you'll be able to do the same :)

Does the Verizon have a DMZ setting? Can you put the R1 into its DMZ? Do you have an ONT provided with the router?

If you have an ONT maybe try this:

- Your setup should be ONT > Netduma > Verizon Fios router
- With this setup, give your Verizon router a different IP address (e.g 192.168.2.1)
- Connect a PC straight to the Verizon router and make sure the IP address 192.168.2.1 (or whichever IP address you chose).
- Turn off your Netduma
- Turn off your modem, wait ~2 mins then turn it back on.
- Turn on the Netduma. If you don't have a connection call Verizon and ask them to do a line release
- Once you are connected, connect your Verizon router from the Wan port to the LAN port (any) of the Netduma.
- On the Netduma go to Settings > DHCP > Host Address and change this field to 192.168.1.1.
- Power off both routers for two minutes, then power them back on

2 hours ago, Netduma Jack said:

We've got folks using Verizon and managed to get it to work so I'm confident you'll be able to do the same :)

Does the Verizon have a DMZ setting? Can you put the R1 into its DMZ? Do you have an ONT provided with the router?

If you have an ONT maybe try this:

- Your setup should be ONT > Netduma > Verizon Fios router
- With this setup, give your Verizon router a different IP address (e.g 192.168.2.1)
- Connect a PC straight to the Verizon router and make sure the IP address 192.168.2.1 (or whichever IP address you chose).
- Turn off your Netduma
- Turn off your modem, wait ~2 mins then turn it back on.
- Turn on the Netduma. If you don't have a connection call Verizon and ask them to do a line release
- Once you are connected, connect your Verizon router from the Wan port to the LAN port (any) of the Netduma.
- On the Netduma go to Settings > DHCP > Host Address and change this field to 192.168.1.1.
- Power off both routers for two minutes, then power them back on

Thanks so much Jack.  I’ll try this as soon as I get home.  The Verizon modem/router does have a DMZ setting, but it only allows you to add the last digits.  Everything else is grayed out for some odd reason.  It’s like 192.168.1.1 and it will only allow me to change the number 1 at the end.  Obviously the Netduma address is like 192.168.88.1 I believe.  So the ONT is what’s directly connected into my Verizon Modem/Routers Wan port right?  You want me to take this out of the Verizon Wan Port, and plug it into Netdumas LAN port?  I want to make sure I’m doing this correctly.  Thanks again.  I really appreciate it.

• Netduma Staff
4 hours ago, markbrooklyn said:

Nevermind guys.  I reached out to a Verizon Fios tech, and he was able to put the Netduma into my Verizon Routers DMZ.  Now my port is open on the xbox as well as the Black Ops 4 game.  Thanks for your help.

Oh, that's awesome! I went really deep when I should've just said 'stick it in the Verizon DMZ!' Ah well, I'm glad that worked out.

If you ever have NAT issues with any other modem etc, DMZ is one of the first steps. The first step of course is enabling UPnP, and if that doesn't work using manual Port Forwarding.

If you need any more assistance just let us know, always happy to help :)

12 hours ago, Netduma Jack said:

Oh, that's awesome! I went really deep when I should've just said 'stick it in the Verizon DMZ!' Ah well, I'm glad that worked out.

If you ever have NAT issues with any other modem etc, DMZ is one of the first steps. The first step of course is enabling UPnP, and if that doesn't work using manual Port Forwarding.

If you need any more assistance just let us know, always happy to help :)

Thank you very much Jack.  I really appreciate it!  You guys are always great when it comes to customer support issues. 

• Netduma Staff
7 hours ago, markbrooklyn said:

Thank you very much Jack.  I really appreciate it!  You guys are always great when it comes to customer support issues. 

Cheers Mark, we do our best! See you around on the forum, I hope you enjoy your gaming :)

• 9 months later...