High Ping Dedi Servers

Monzo

17 minutes ago, Netduma Fraser said:

Looks like you've got a dedicated server in that screenshot. Difference between the games is BO4 doesn't usually show you players in your game however BO3 did

right, I am aware its a dedi but its still ass lol, thats my point to these guys is bo4 is just crap. 25ms and im still getting hitmarkers. No thats me using 350 mile radius and ping assist set to 30. On bo3 its the same settings except it connects me to the Texas dedicated server, strict mode only makes me get player hosts even if its over the dedi in that area that I have connected to before. It does what it wants me to no matter what, unless im in a lobby with another close player on my team.... :( I know how to use the netduma...its just sometimes it doesnt work as planned and idk why. Also as i said i still get tons of hitmarkers even though my ping only varies from 25-30ms tops at that dedi for bo4. 

sidenote, I watch a streamer on twitch and he has DumaOS (even on the R1) and he gets these amazing lobbies. 

same settings, oddly enough I got the server I wanted. Its never a struggle when theres tons of people on BO3.... i dont get it (this screenshot is of bo3) same settings I always use, my radius and PA to 30. I typically get forced to the Dedi over on Texas and my ping is like 65-85 and nothing I do changes that sometimes, nor does strict mode, that or strict mode forces me to connect to player hosts...(even if i strict mode right over that dedicated server).

image.thumb.png.efe4094df88a577bc9dbce62410ddaf4.png

• Netduma Staff

Bear in mind that streamers have a ton more cash to invest, and sometimes go as far as moving their home closer to the server bank. Also bear in mind that BO4 hit detection is borked anyway, some folks have a better experience when their ping is higher than lower which ultimately makes no sense in a game with competent lag compensation.