glitching and rubberbanding

scbba

I have the r1 and let the r1 set up the internet for me I have down and 6 up I have the geo filter to set to 413 miles with strict mode ticked. I have a 15 to 15 ms ping to the Atlanta server but IM rubberbanding every other game and it goes on for the whole match sometimes it stops the next game sometimes it doesn't it happens on the ps4 and the Xbox 1any help would be appreciated 

• Netduma Staff

I notice your circles are blue on the map, meaning this is the third device you've added to your Geo-Filter. I'd say the most likely cause is that you don't have that device 'Enabled' at the top.

With Strict Mode enabled and the settings you have on, it shouldn't be possible to connect to anything really. Let us know if enabling your device works!

3 hours ago, Netduma Jack said:

I notice your circles are blue on the map, meaning this is the third device you've added to your Geo-Filter. I'd say the most likely cause is that you don't have that device 'Enabled' at the top.

With Strict Mode enabled and the settings you have on, it shouldn't be possible to connect to anything really. Let us know if enabling your device works!

It is enabled the blue circle is for my 2nd Xbox located in my office 

• Administrators

Sorry to hear that. Hope you get it all sorted. Double check UPNP is enabled on your R1. Also check your modem has sensible settings - it's usually best to put it into Modem mode or Bridge Mode.

6 hours ago, Netduma Fraser said:

Can you provide a screenshot for the top of the Geo-Filter page please? Also did you reduce the radius once the game had already booted up?

Here ya go Frasier and I moved my geo circle back to 265 miles 

Screenshot (154).png

• Administrators

The only thing I can think of is that originally upon loading up the game the radius was set to much wider and therefore allowed connections then when you set your radius smaller those connections were still alive and allowed you to connect to them. 

yeah I feel that 2 but also noticed that if I put my self on west coast set in from the west about 3 states in US set radius 1839km I get to play on my eastcoast side montreal server 
instead of est to west game play is horrible even if is  my location near the motreal server still acts the same puts me in west or higher ping.so I tried what I said above got decent games.

then wait in spectating mode till the match is about to load then put filter on on my xr500 and also I have my net duma r1 not duma os on it .

• Administrators

There is no way it would do this unless the above happened. Can you do a video of it happening from before you even have console on/added to the Geo-Filter right along to it allowing outside radius please

Downgrade by going to the Major upgrade topic in major announcements

• Netduma Staff

This isn't an issue with the R1. The R1 is a router - the results you're seeing on that Pingplotter test are traffic routed from your Modem through the R1. If you disconnect the Netduma R1 entirely and run this test through your Modem, you'll likely see the same thing.

That being said, your target URL should be a site like Twitter.com for accurate results. You should be running that test on a wired PC.

OK I was testing my connection from my r1 to my pc via 2 different cables to see where my problem may lie. however, I do get the same results from the modem to the router no matter what I do with the cc it doesn't change I know I have a bad isp since it is spectrum, but that's all I get where I am located at for the moment