fake Geo-locations

Hello friends, 

I use the internet with 50 Mbps and I have XR500 in Qatar. I installed the router and the Geo-filter to be located in the USA, and I was able to connect "as per Geo-filters show" to players from the USA, but it is actually a fake location because I asked many players about their country while I was playing with them, they informed me that they are from a neighbor country like UAE or Saudi Arabia. also sometimes Geo-filter shows that I play to players in the ocean or their location coming in the ocean or the sea. I don't understand why this happens. please guide me to solve this issue

• Administrators

Hi Mohands - the Geo-Filter uses a database of every IP address to locate other players and servers. IP addresses can change location, so we have to do a 'Cloud Update' to move any that have moved. It sounds like this has happened here.

The next time it happens, could you click on the mislocated icon and copy the ID that appears in the ping panel. Then let us know here where it should be located: 

Which game were you playing out of curiosity?

• Administrators

Thanks. Please follow this guide - it will explain how to set your Geo-Filter up optimally:

http://support.netduma.com/en/support/solutions/articles/16000077072-dumaos-optimal-settings-guide-geo-filter-setup-step-2-

3 hours ago, Netduma Admin said:

Thanks. Please follow this guide - it will explain how to set your Geo-Filter up optimally:

http://support.netduma.com/en/support/solutions/articles/16000077072-dumaos-optimal-settings-guide-geo-filter-setup-step-2-

yes surely I did that before, but please fix this Geo-filter ASAP